Having trouble with closing on a HUD home?

My husband and I are trying to buy a Hud home hmbi owns the house the house of corse is being sold 'as is' so we will be having to pay for any repairs to be made on the house .we did the inspection and the repairs we all minor adding up to around 1,000 our lending is requiring us to have this amount put in... show more My husband and I are trying to buy a Hud home hmbi owns the house the house of corse is being sold 'as is' so we will be having to pay for any repairs to be made on the house .we did the inspection and the repairs we all minor adding up to around 1,000 our lending is requiring us to have this amount put in a seperate escrow account at closing to prove we have the funds to fix the house and that the repairs will be made if we don't do this they will not loan us the money.the problem is this the bank that owns the home hmbi does not want us (the buyers)to to bring the 1,000 to closing they want the lender to bring the escrow money to closing our lender says again that this is not possible and thats not the way its done that hmbi has let buyers bring the escrow to closing before so does anyone now if the rules have changed and what is the big problem if we bring the money to closing anyone hade this experiance with buying a hud home in north carolina?
2 answers 2