Sandy asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 decade ago

What important events in history happened between 1900 to 2000.?

These events have to have affected the way the US is today. So far all I have is World War II. Please tell why it has affected us. Thank you!

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Huba
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Other than the Depression, WWI, WWII, the race to the moon, Kennedy's assassination, Bay of Pigs, the Cold War, Viet Nam, Korea, civil rights movement, spread of electricity, use of the automobile, advances in medicine too numerous to mention, the atomic bomb?

• 3 years ago

Events Between 1900 And 2000

• 4 years ago

1914 WW1 november 11 1918 Armistice day 1922 Independence for Ireland 1930 the Great depression 1938 Appeasement with Hitler 1939 WW2 Britian and France declair war on Germany May 26, 1940 - Evacuation of Allied troops from Dunkirk begins. August 23/24 1940 - First German air raids on Central London. August 25/26 - 1940 First British air raid on Berlin. "Hello Her Myer" 1940 Britains RAF without the USA defeats the Luftwaffe in The Battle of Britain October 1941 Lend-Lease aid to Britain 7 dec 1941 Japan attacks pearl harbour December 25, 1941 - British surrender at Hong Kong. January 19, 1942 - Japanese take North Borneo. February 15, 1942 - British surrender at Singapore. September 27, 1942 - British offensive in Burma. June 7 1944 D Day Operation Market Garden (17–25 September 1944 VE day May 8, 1945 August 6, 1945 - the first Anglo American atomic bombs First atomic bomb dropped, on Hiroshima, August 8, 1945 August 9, 1945 - Second atomic bomb dropped, on Nagasaki, Japan. Earl Mountbatten takes the surrender Japanese Army in Singapore General Itagaki Seishiro on 12 September 1945, codenamed Operation Tiderace. VJ Day September 2, 1945 November 20, 1945 - Nuremberg war crimes trials begin.

• 1 decade ago

between 1900 and 2000 hello a lot happened. Jfk was shot, 1963, elvis presley died, i think 1976 more recently in well, oklahoma bombing, the twin tower 2001, the space shuttle in 1986, i was in school senior yr when it was announced what happened and then 3 of my dear friends were killed in a freak accident in march 1986 but that's personal. Everything affects the world in so many ways it's impossible to explain.

the riots in harlem ? that was injustice there, racism. that affects everyone.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

WWI

Great Depression(whole world)-created a stronger federal bank and government

WWII-brought US out of isolationism

Cold War-US became an internationalist nation

Islamic Fundamentalist Movement-we lost Iran as our ally and the "war on terror"

Israel- we supported them and now Arab nations hate the US.

US oil embargo-we realized how foreign oil is important during the 70's

• 1 decade ago

Not much happened in the 20th century. Only two world wars, numerous little wars (Korea, Vietnam, Bosnia, etc.), the foundation of Israel as a state and I am sure some other things happened.

• Alan
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

The Bomb, airplane, radio, TV, computers, micro-electronics, stock manipulation, various wars, desensitizing of moral standards, killing of the unborn, explosion of engineering accomplishments, pure water, atomic power, surgery advancements. The list goes on, both positive and negs.

Source(s): See Life Magazine Milllenium for accomplishments over the 1000 yrs fr 1000 to 2000.
  • 1 decade ago

sounds like a homework question..i think you should do a little research...should be to hard with the internet today..use wiki

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.