dream asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

could my dog have mange?

I have a 3 yr. old boxer she has some bald spots (small) on her back..could it be mange or ringworm?

Please help..

If a dog has mange will the hair grow back?

Here is a picture I took right now.

She also has some dadruff..

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n305/dreamgirl_...

She scratches in that area (her back)

she had hair last week , then this weekend I noticed it getting bald ;(

Favorite Answer

I have two boxers myself and one of the had d- mange when she was smaller. Yes the hair will grow back when on medicine, but it will take a while.The pics dont look like mange.

Boxers sometimes will lose the hiar in a season. I have two friends hows boxers will lose fur in the spring.One of them will lose it on her site, the other one on her buttom. And then it will grow back. I dont remember how it calls .Sorry.

BUT to be safe, bring your baby to the vet and let him srape the skin to see if this is really not mange.

Good Luck

How do you know it is mange? Has it been diagnosed as mange by a Vet? There aren't any home remedies for mange, you first need to know what type of mange it is (if it even IS mange) and your Vet will treat it accordingly. There are all types of skin problems that can look similar to another.

That doesnt really look like any of the mange I've seen but there are several diffrent species so the thinning could be in diffrent patterns.

I cant tell you what it is or could be so the best advice is to go to a qualified vet who can do skin scrapings and get some difinitive answers.

If it is continuing to fall out and is irritating than I would take her to the vet. I know there are do it your self mange treatments and that might work, however there are several different types of mange and getting a skin scrap would be best. My dog did get a type of mange and eventually grew back after treatment. Hope it works out!

could be cheyliatella mite from rabbits, seleen shampoo kills it or frontline spray. If it was fox mange is usually starts around ears and face that needs advocate or stronghold all available from your vet who could diagnose for you.

The hair should grow back but only after treatment

Source(s): personal experience

I think it could be both, mange is alittle bit redder, but take him to the vet immediatly(:

thanks for reading.

could those be scars from something when your dog was younger?

I THINK HE DOES TAKE HIM TO THE VET AND GETTING SOME MEDICAN FOR IT