CONGRATULATIONS YAHOO AWARD WINNER... do ppl really think they have won thousands of pounds for nothing?

this is the email i just got...

This is to inform you that you have won a prize money of Eight Hundred,Twenty Thousand Great Britain Pounds (£820,000,00.) for the month of June, 2008 Prize promotion which is organized by YAHOO AWARDS & WINDOWS LIVE.

Wow great britain pounds... thats handy... they only want me to send them details about...

1. Full name

2. Country

3. Contact Address

4. Telephone Number

5. fax Number

5. Marital Status

6. Occupation

7. Date of birth

8. Sex

they also warm me that...

You may also receive similar e-mails from people potraying to be other Organizations or Yahoo Inc. This is solely to collect your personal information from you and lay claim over your winning. In event that you receive any e-mail similar to the notification letter that was sent to you, Kindly delete it from your mail box and give no further correspondence to such person or body.

Yahoo shall not be held responsible for any loss of fund arising from the above mentioned

i got that at my hotmail... was wondering why they didnt send it to my yahoo email

Best Answer

Wow, if you gave them the answers they wanted, there could be two of you by the end of the week!!

most people does that just to get your personal info.. ive got loads of them in my hotmail and yahoo mail

yeh i would say its a scam. but hey try ringing or emailing them asking wfy they want this info on you.

• Denise

i know!! Do they think that all yahoo users are mugs? I never get this on hotmail?!!

Lol!! How strange..I haven't recieved one of them x

i still don't give out any details unless I know for sure.