me asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

Which book should I choose for AP world history?

I have to read one of the following non-fiction books over the summer for my AP world history class, but i don't know anything about them, so which one would you recommend or think would be the most interesting?

the books are:

Day of Empire by amy chua

The Cold War: A New History by john gaddis

The Rise and Fall of the Great Powers by paul kennedy

Technology in World Civilization by arnold pacey

The World That Trade Created by kenneth pomeranz and steven topik

A Problem from Hell: America and the Age of Genocide by samantha power

Ecological Imperialism: The Biological Expansion of Europe, 900-1900 by alfred crosby

Thank You!

Favorite Answer

well i dont know what any of them are about (besides what the titles say..) but the rise and fall of the great powers sounds interesting.

• rister

I even have each, although I placed the Princeton one greater suitable. I comparable to the way it was once written, as nicely it places the falls after the civilization, so merely bear in mind that, and it does no longer have evaluate questions. yet entire, I cherished the Princeton one greater suitable. I even have not taken the AP examination yet, notwithstanding if I won an A on the final very final year & A on the midterm utilising it (we take the path in 2 years). :]

Just pick the one that interest you the most. You will breeze through it then.

Happy reading!