What are the survival rates Leukemia?

My 17-year-old cousin with whom I am very close was just diagnosed with A.L.L. on May 11. Her treatment regimine has been extremely aggressive and they are still waiting on the results from the lab to determine whether or not the cancer cells are going to respond well to the chemotherapy or not. her cancer cell percentage (this might not be the proper term) in her bone marrow went from 65% to 0% at her last appointment, which can either be a good sign, or it can just mean that the cells are "hiding." My family is very faithful and my cousin lifts her health and life up to Christ daily. Although I am praying hard and trusting God with her life, does anyone know the survival rates for this type of leukemia? Is there a chance that she will beat it and go into complete remission and live a full and happy life? Any persoanl testimonies or success stories would be wonderful.

Favorite Answer

My daughter was 5 years old when she was diagnosed with ALL. That was 5 years ago, and she is going great. The survival rate then was 80-85%, which is extremely high. Her blasts (cancer cells) went to 0% after only two months of treatment, but she endured 2.5 years of treatment total. We chose a very agressive form of chemo, and it worked very well. July 25 we will be celebrating 3 years cancer free. If your cousin is in remission, chances are she'll be fine. Have faith, and continue trusting in God. That's what my daughter always said. Her favorite thing to say was "Nothing is impossible with God", and I guess it's true, since she is a healthy young girl now. All the best to you and your family, especially your cousin. Tell her not to stop treatment even if the blasts are at 0. They can come back if treatment hasn't totally been completed. Good luck to you all.

I am so sorry to hear about your cousin. My niece was diagnosed with ALL at the age of 2. The rates might be slightly different due to the age but my niece was diagnosed in Sep 06 with Pre B A.L.L. and was given an 80% chance of survival. She should be finished with her chemo by the end of this year. Pre B A.L.L. is supposedly 'the good type' of leukemia. Meaning that it has a more favorable prognosis than other forms.

• Rae

My 10 mo. old son was given a 10% chance of living when diagnosed with a rare leukemia. He had a bone marrow transplant and is now 12. Every person is different. Keep praying. There is a great chance everything will work out and she will have a long life. Good luck to her. It sounds like you will be a good person to help her stay strong and fight.

My boyfriend was diagnosed with leukemia at age 13, and what happened was that one night, he really was sick and really not well, so his mom decided to bring him to the emergency room, they passed tests and found out he had leukemia. Doctors told his parents that he wouldn't live until the next morning. But the next morning he was still alive, they passed tests and started chemo on him right away. He had a bone marrow transplant and he struggled with leukemia until age 16, now he is 21, in school and doing great. Don't give up. Have faith and pray and I will pray for your cousin.

• crase

to respond to this properly one ought to renowned the age of the guy and form of Leukemia. the easy formative years Leukemia, ALL (Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia), could have treatment costs of eighty%. AML (Acute Myeloblastic Leukemia) is a lot greater extreme and has treatment costs of fifty% in formative years. different Leukemias such persistent Myelogenous and persistent Lymphocytic regularly influence adults and have distinctive treatment costs looking on age and sub form. Bone Marrow transplant have made an incredible difference in the fulfillment of treating various Leukemias , even whilst chemotherapy has failed. Your buddy has desire for a treatment and please inspire him or her.