Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Do you think the Drudge Report supports Obama over McCain?

GOP operatives fret that the powerful Drudge Report is no fan of John McCain, and seems to be trumpeting Barack Obama.

“It’s clear to us that Barack Obama has won the Drudge Primary, and it's one of the most important primaries in this process,” conceded a senior aide to Hillary Rodham Clinton, who also acknowledged that Drudge’s treatment of Obama could make the Illinois senator more electable in November.

Now, as Obama and Sen. John McCain look toward the fall, Drudge has emerged unexpectedly as more of a threat to the Republican than to the Democrat. This, combined with the rise of left-leaning sites such as TalkingPointsMemo.com and HuffingtonPost.com — both of which have proved effective in promoting and amplifying a Democratic message — reflects a major shift from the last two presidential elections, a matter of open alarm to Republican strategists and surprised satisfaction to Democrats.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Absolutely.

The drudge report is so obviously pro Obama its disgusting. I think Matt Drudge has a crush on Obama.

Anytime there is positive news for HIllary they would mock it and always show the most unflattering photos of Hillary.

And Obama? Not one hair out of place not one bleary eyed moment not even report all his gaffes like the 57 states or that his uncle help liberate Auschwitz.

• 1 decade ago

It's true.

Matt Drudge is a self promoter who's in it for ... Matt Drudge. He's reading the winds. Of course the MSM is way ahead of him on this.

• DAR
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Yeah, but even Fox and the Washington Times are laying into McCain. The GOP is insane for wanting a candidate who can't inspire the faithful to work harder to BUCK that sort of thing.

But then, you know who I think should get the GOP nod.

Like us or don't, the GOP knows we'd fight to the finish, and be visible.

Media be damned.

(In fact, please....)

• 1 decade ago

http://www.drudgereport.com/

The real site, has a link to it on Hannity.com and I'm sure it is still leaning conservative and therefore pro-McCain.

http://www.drudge.com/

The site Liberals set up because they know the real Drudge Report site is pro-conservative and they hate being shown how stupid they are constantly, does lean toward Obama, the Liberal hero.

• 1 decade ago

They are also assuming Hillary supporters will vote for him, WRONG!!!

• I don't think she can make up her mind.

She still thinks she wants to be a man.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.