Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

What is Chicago style politics? Is Obama involved in Chicago style politics?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The basic philosophy is to do ANYTHING (whether legal or not) it takes to eliminate the competition. Chicago has a reputation for having a fairly dirty, underhanded political scene.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

The Chicago style politics you are talking about are really a thing of the past. I sometimes think that the Washington politics are worse then Chicago style. But he is neither. He has changed things for the better in his home state in the short time he was in the state legislature. He has helped change things in Congress. He will be better than Bush no matter how bad he could be. And McCain is just Bush in disguise.

• 1 decade ago

On cnn last night they showed how Obama used lawyers to steal a couple of elections in Chicago, including one against a 5 year incumbent, by having his opponents removed from the ballot. And he says he's the change candidate! LOL

Source(s): cnn 5/31/08
  • RY
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Obama has not done anything illegal in any election.If you want to be in Politics, you have to know how to play the hand you are deal, and every good politician does it- Do not hate the Player -hate the Game. It is not for the faint- at- heart.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Read up on Al Capone and Mayor Daley the First. That will give you a bit of an idea. Unless you like that type of corruption, you shouldn't vote for Obama, he is their Poster Boy.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Naah, I think I'll hate the player

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

that's a tricky question..

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

LIKE A COMMUNIST

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.