Thick hair and shave minimizing lotion ....?

So, long story short, I'm a guy who has -really thick- (and well fast growing, I'm guessing) leg hair. Maybe I shouldn't find it annoying..but I do.

Every ~2 months I take my sideburn attachment on my razer and cut it down because it grows from anywhere from 1/4 to 3/4 inch, and well you just can't trim half of it off. I'd rather to never have to do this.

I was reading something on here about something called "shave minimizing lotion " by a company named jergens. Apparently it's a thinner or some sorts? Do you have to actually shave your legs often for this to work or can you just apply it?

Or does anyone else have any other ideas?

• .x
    Favorite Answer

I don't think Jergens makes that lotion anymore (?) I haven't seen it in stores lately, but Aveeno makes one called Positively Smooth that is similar I think.

http://www.aveeno.com/productDetail.do?prodid=3855

Those products don't work as well as the companies want you to think, but I used the Jergens one for a while and it did make a difference for me. I think that they could help you, what the lotions do is make the hair that is already there look thinner and less noticeable. They don't affect hair growth though, either in thickness or speed of growth. Just make the hair thats already there a little finer.

You definitely don't need to shave for them to work, but they aren't so effective that they're going to cure your hairy legs or anything.

I'd say its worth a try for a couple months, the worst that could happen is you'd wind up with well moisturized skin:) I can't think of anything else that would work except waxing maybe- that does make some peoples hair grow back finer I think?

• nathoo

Shave Minimizing Lotion

You could try the hair lotion. But that's not going to have much of an effect. Obviously, waxing is the best choice. But since you can't do that, use the lotion, and shave. But your mom is right. You will have to shave your arms all the time now, as the hair will grow back thick and dark. :]