How is a fight over religion any less stupider than a war over who likes star trek vs. Star wars?

I am so sick of seeing every single day of another person dieing over something as stupid as my god wants the white sox to win or that my God does not like the color blue. If my god wants a person dead they better do it himself, what had he already used up all of his powers of plagues, lightning, earthquakes,... show more I am so sick of seeing every single day of another person dieing over something as stupid as my god wants the white sox to win or that my God does not like the color blue. If my god wants a person dead they better do it himself, what had he already used up all of his powers of plagues, lightning, earthquakes, flood and fire falling from the sky? Do you ever thing the human race is ever going to grow up. I for one am running out of hope, will we ever see peace?