How is a fight over religion any less stupider than a war over who likes star trek vs. Star wars?

I am so sick of seeing every single day of another person dieing over something as stupid as my god wants the white sox to win or that my God does not like the color blue. If my god wants a person dead they better do it himself, what had he already used up all of his powers of plagues, lightning, earthquakes, flood and fire falling from the sky? Do you ever thing the human race is ever going to grow up. I for one am running out of hope, will we ever see peace?

Favorite Answer

Wars are rarely over religion. The Crusades were, but most of the rest have been over more prosaic things, such as land and oil.

Star Trek

• Eric H

Religion is just an excuse to kill someone.

If religion weren't around, people would find some other way to try and make their killing socially acceptable.

As for peace? I believe that it's like happiness - you can grasp it momentarily, but it never stays around for long.

But there is good news in all this - these times are some of the most peaceful Earth has ever seen.

It might not look like it, but the number of wars has declined substantially in the past 40 years and the wars are killing fewer people.

So there might be hope for us yet.

Someone "dies" over God wanting the White Sox to win?

Really?

You are absolutely right. If that really did happen, the whole thing is stupid.

Gene Roddenbery vs George Lucas isn't even a contest. Lucas is a revisionist a s s. He's probably going to change the Star Wars films twenty more times before he dies.

Source(s): BTW - it's "any less stupid."

Indeed, fighting for peace is like fornicating for chastity.

Law vs Law = Loser vs Loser: divided against itself.

It's as bad to win a sides war as it is to lose one,

for blame game players go to the hall of shame.

Grow up = grow in grace

Grace is up

Law is down

Excuse me... but I will die defending my faith in the Force. General Kenobi is real... I will not hear otherwise.

May the Force be with you.

May all unbelievers come to Yoda and reject the will of the Dark Side and Darth Vader.

Star Trek is a false religion and should be shunned. It is the work of the Emporer for shure.

Star Trek is better than Star Wars.

Whoever is fool enough to disagree shall know the might of the Vulcan Nerve Pinch.

World peace is a lie.

And you sound pretty arrogant, implying you're above it all, even when you make generalizations like the rest of us.

Oh yeah, work on your punctuation and stuff.

You're right. It is stupid to pray eithr to Captain Kirk or to Darth Vadar.