Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 1 decade ago

Can you still buy a cherry phosphate in America? Or did they disappear like drug store soda fountains?

Favorite Answer

WE have a few original drugstores in oklahoma still and yes they still make them.My husband and I had one in the late ninties in a small town and it was about 75 years old with everything original There is still one in Pauls Valley callde Crabtree's drugstore. I am 58 and my mom and dad used to go there after high school.Life is still ok in some small towns. a big thing around here was and still is a cherry limeade.We made our own simple syrup at the drugstore for these.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): buy cherry phosphate america disappear drug store soda fountains: https://shortly.im/DOYo8

Cherry Phosphates

• DR W

Rogers Drug Store had a wonderful soda fountain counter when I was growing up complete with Cherry phosphates.

All the drug store soda fountains have disappeared, I never had a cherry phosphate when they were around. In fact, I have never heard of one being served there.

• Lynn

Years ago, when I was on my honeymoon in west Texas, I

had my one and only Cherry Lime Phosphate. It was so del-

iscious and I have always remembered it. I have never seen

them on any fast food or restaurant menu in the western

states. So I guess they were mainly a southern drink, since

I never found one where I've lived in several states in the

west. I would love to have one again, but for now, they're just

a memory.

If there are any Gilmore Girls fans here, there was an episode in which one of the main characters opened an old-fashioned soda shop on the main street of Stars Hollow. One of the items he served was a cherry phosphate. I haven't seen this item on a menu in decades.

Crown Candy Soda Fountain in north downtown St. Louis (north of where I-44 joins I-70) just off I-70 still serves them.

Haven't had one since i was a kid. A bunch of us rode our bikes 9 mile one day just to see a friend & go to the DRUG Store? Soda Fountain just to get some. I liked the vanilla ones best.I suppose at some older towns may still have them. Specialty ice cream shops,etc.

• glory

I think Cherry Coke is a little like the shot of cherry that they used to put in Coke at the soda fountain.