Where do I find this Bible verse?

We only know part of the verse which is.... no sin shall enter in. Does anyone on here know where to find this scripture? I would greatly appreciate your help.

Looking for King James or NIV version just to let you know.

I am not sure exactly "where" we think it might be talking about heaven, but not sure.

I appreciate the help so far, but the Revelation 21:27 isn't what we are looking for.

Thanks John. We will check into this esword. My husband and I think the verse might state "no sin shall enter the gates of heaven" something like this.

Favorite Answer

Enter in where?

KJV: Rev 21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

NIV: Rev 21:27 Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life.

I'm guessing. Look Mom, if you wanted to know this question bad enough to post it and wait for answers to come in, I have a Bible Software program with 18 Bible versions loaded on my laptop; ASV, CEV, ESV, Geneva 1587 (unreadable due to language differences, but I have it for historical purposes), GNB, GW, HCSB, ISV, KJV, KJV+Strong's, KJVR, LITV, MKJV, NIrV, NIV, NLT, RV, TNIV.

I just searched all of them and the phrase "no sin shall enter in" does NOT occur. The Software program I'm using is available for FREE and you can download it here: http://www.e-sword.net/index.html

Of course, not all the versions I have are free because some of them are copyrighted by various organizations, but the FREE version includes KJV and WORD AND SEARCH CAPABILITY. IF YOU CHOOSE, you can download it free, then "open" the Bible, and simultaneously hit Alt+s keys, and you will get a pop-up window for SEARCHING. Type in whatever you like, hit search, and voila!

I USED TO get on Yahoo with a Strong's Concordance and several Commentaries piled all over the kitchen table, but now I have my e-sword.....I sent him $20 for a CD to load; much more info than you get for free....I think it easily compares to $200 programs you get elsewhere. It also has several Bible Dictionaries and Maps of the Holy Land.

I really don't mean to spam you, guess I sound like a commercial for the guy.....I now take my laptop to Sunday School, and I'm the reference in class. I truly do love it. Rick Meyer (the guy who designed it) has been called the John Gutenberg of the 21st century. I agree. Something else really cool is that when the software is loaded into your computer, it's in YOUR computer, not the internet, you don't need the internet to access it. (We don't have internet access in Sunday School).

In His service,

John the Baptist

• Gary B

Try These websites for excellent on-line searches:

www.blueletterbible.org

KJV keyed to Strong's Greek/hebrew concordance.

Other translations avaialble, but no concordance.

www.biblegateway.com

Passage Search and Word/Phrase Search on line.

Capability to search up to five (5) different translations of the bible at one time.

About 50 translation searchable on-line.

Great on-ine resources!

Enjoy

Probably here:

Rev 21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither [whatsoever] worketh abomination, or [maketh] a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

• robb

Is it possible that you are thinking of Matt 5:20?

For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed [the righteousness] of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

The verse in Rev seems to be the closest to what you were looking for.