Has anyone ever heard of 1800petmeds or other reputable online pet med sites selling counterfit medicine?

Today I tried a new vet since moving back to NYC and they immediately started asking me what type of food am I feeling my dog and if she is on flea and tick preventative, To which i answered royal canin and yes she is on preventative meds. Then she was like do you get it from your vet or online. I said I get it... show more Today I tried a new vet since moving back to NYC and they immediately started asking me what type of food am I feeling my dog and if she is on flea and tick preventative, To which i answered royal canin and yes she is on preventative meds. Then she was like do you get it from your vet or online. I said I get it online with a prescription. So she starts telling me that 1800ped meds sells counterfit drugs and they don't guarantee their products and they(meaning the vet clinic) stand behind all the medicine they sell and if my dog had any reaction they would treat her for free, blah blah blah. I mean i've been using heartguard from my online store since she was a puppy and she's never had a reaction. I was really turned off by them and don't think I will use them again. I think they are just trying to boost their sales and are not really concerned with their patients or owners. But please let me know if I'm wrong.
Update: Today I tried a new vet since moving back to NYC and they immediately started asking me what type of food am I feeling my dog and if she is on flea and tick preventative, To which i answered royal canin and yes she is on preventative meds. Then she was like do you get it from your vet or online. I said I get it... show more Today I tried a new vet since moving back to NYC and they immediately started asking me what type of food am I feeling my dog and if she is on flea and tick preventative, To which i answered royal canin and yes she is on preventative meds. Then she was like do you get it from your vet or online. I said I get it online with a prescription. So she starts telling me that 1800ped meds sells counterfit drugs and they don't guarantee their products and they(meaning the vet clinic) stand behind all the medicine they sell and if my dog had any reaction they would treat her for free, blah blah blah. I mean i've been using heartguard from my online store since she was a puppy and she's never had a reaction. I was really turned off by them and don't think I will use them again. I think they are just trying to boost their sales and are not really concerned with their patients or owners. But please let me know if I'm wrong.* I left out in the original post I use Lambert Vet suppy to get my meds