Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 1 decade ago

How can i change my ISP IP address because i got banned from a game and its a IP ban.?

I got IP baned from VMTV this game can anybody tell me how to change my ISP IP address

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Try one (or both) of the following:

Solution 1 (changing static IP addresses)

To start off, you need a direct connection to your modem and computer. If you have a router, disconnect it and directly hook up your modem to your computer.

1. Open up the command prompt by pressing Start->Run and typing in cmd

2. In the command prompt, type “Ipconfig/all”. This will tell you your current IP Address. After, type “ipconfig/release”. Keep the command prompt open for easy access.

3. Go to “Network Connections” (accessible through the control panel). Right click “Local Area Connection” and click “Properties”

4. With “Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) selected, click the “Properties” button.

5. A new window will open. Under the “General” tab, select “Use the Following IP address”. Under “Ip Address”, put “10.0.0.1″. Press the “Tab” key on your keyboard.

6. Press OK on both open windows.

7. Repeat steps 3-4. Under the “General” tab, press the radio button “Automatically Assign Me an IP Address”. Press OK on both windows.

8. Go back to the command prompt and type in “Ipconfig/all”. You’ll now notice you have a new IP address.

Solution 2 (changing dynamic IP addresses)

(i) Computer connected directly to the modem

Get to a command prompt. (START, run, cmd).

Type "ipconfig /release" (without the quotes, on the command line by itself).

Type "ipconfig /renew" (without the quotes, on the command line by itself).

If that doesn't work,

(ii)Computer connected directly to the modem

Get to a command prompt. (START, run, cmd).

Type "ipconfig /release" (without the quotes).

Shut down computer.

Turn off computer.

Turn off all ethernet hubs/switches.

Turn off cable/DSL modem.

Leave off overnight.

Turn everything back on.

If that doesn't work either,

(iii) If you are on a network with Router

Release the IP address. (Method varies by router manufacturer)

Turn off router, ethernet hubs/switches, and the cable/DSL modem.

Leave off overnight.

Turn everything back on.

If you took the router out, remember to put it back in. If all fails, you can install JAP ( http://anon.inf.tu-dresden.de/download_en.html and click "Download" on the panel on the right hand side), which hides your IP address. Good luck!

PS: You may want to save this text before you change your setting first, so you can refer to it.

• Jane
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/aw25c

Reasons to Change an IP Address Even if you're part of a small network routed through a single IP address, the people outside your network can see only the IP address of the gateway you're using. If you're connected directly to the Internet cloud, it's basically the same thing. You're reaching out to a certain service through a certain IP address. If someone would want to deny your access to certain services (an IRC channel, a certain forum, some websites, game servers and so on), they'd have to ban your IP address from the system. This puts you in a dilemma. The first thing that comes in mind is to change your IP address so you can evade the ban. Ban evasion is not recommended in any way as it may lead to a longer ban/denial of access. This doesn't have to be all negative. You can wish to change your IP address due constant flooding or spam you're being the victim of. However, this tutorial will teach you a few tips and tricks on how to get things started in changing your IP address and how to actually change your IP address once the request has been approved. If you're one of the old Dial-UP users with phone lines connected to your computer, you're most likely going to receive a different IP address if you're going to disconnect and reconnect the service. The same thing applies to those of you using PPPoE (Point to Point Over Ethernet) based on username/password since those are not permanent connections and they have to be reestablished every time you turn on your equipment. The real problem comes for those of you using cable modems/DSL/FTTH connections. Most of you have static IP addresses, and if you don't, you probably have a bound IP address based on your Ethernet MAC address, so it still won't change. The best thing to do in this case is to call your ISP and ask for suggestions on what to do next. Most likely, they have a special procedure regarding IP change requests. They will either provide detailed instructions on how to change your IP address either will give you the new settings available for immediate use. In case of flooding and harassment, you might be asked for proof to sustain your statement. Get ready to show relevant logs extracted from your firewall and anything else you feel like it's going to be useful. Once they have approved your request, you will only have to modify your settings, if your IP address is manually configured on the equipment. If so, you will have to change it to the new one your ISP gave you.

• 1 decade ago

Use IP Hider, this software can hide your actual IP and give you another from a chosen country from a proxy list which is part of this useful utility.

I leave the link in the resouce box

• 3 years ago

How To Change Isp

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you have a static IP address, tough luck.

• 1 decade ago

Depends if your provider is giving you a static address or not.

Try the tutorial below.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.