my small apartment sized refridgerator keeps shutting off. what is a ptc switch?

for some reason my fridge will go into defrost and then it just won't get cold again. The compressor gets warm but inside does not get cold. The last time this happened i took it in the house and plugged it in and it worked just fine. Could running it in my semi truck off an inverter be the problem?

• Wired
    Favorite Answer

After the defrost cycle the compressor needs to run a while to get everything back to temperature (or should I say cold). It is probably pulling more current than at other times or pulling a higher current for a longer period of time and your inverter can't keep up. Check the inverter output for low voltage when this happens.

A PTC switch is a protected termination resistor (I looked it up). Google PTC switch for more information.

he lll yes