Dentist asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 1 decade ago

Baby names. Don't want to pick! anybody else feel the same way???

7months pregnant due in July and no baby name. Our first two was a slam dunk. Took less than 20 minutes at starbucks to decide. (i was there 4 the baby books, not 4 the coffee!!! husband had the coffee.)

this one we can't agree and i feel i just have to wait till baby is born to name her. It's weird. I'm usually a planner and don't like surprises. i don't even have or want a list of possible names. weird?

Best Answer

Not weird at all! Sometimes it's just easier to pick the "perfect" name for your child after you see him/her for the first time. Relax and enjoy the last couple months of your pregnancy! Congrats!

No it's not weird. It's completely normal to want to wait and see your baby and figure out her personality before naming her. My parents had the name Rachel picked out for my little sister, but once she was born, the name just didn't fit. They named her Anna instead. The name will come to you when the time is right.

my first daughter and her dad did that too. what we decided to do at my six month is have some ideas too. we went to borders and wrote a list of which ones we like. the next 8 weeks before she was born we called her every name that we picked. when she was born her dad looked at her and said she looks like an Ashley Marie. I don't know how he figured that out but she had a smile when he said that and that's how we got her name.

take your time and don't rush it. this one i decided in two names after i had my ultrasound she was a girl. now i'm down to Mykayla Alexis.

good luck and take care.

Source(s): 40 weeks today!

I completly understand what you're talking about. My wife had our first daughters first name picked out long before we even conceived, and she wanted me to pick the middle, so I went with her middle name. Our second daughter was my choice, and as soon as we heard the name, we just knew, and she named the middle name after me (Nicole, for Nick). Now she is 8 months pregnant with our third, and we decided to keep this one a surprise. My wife has had a boy name picked out for monthes, and wants me to ultimatly choose if it's another girl, but I just can't decide. This is going to be our last child, and I don't want to regret my choice:) Good Luck.

For some reason I wasn't in the mood to name my second child. Whenever someone breached the subject, I just chose the craziest names so that they would leave me alone.

it wasn't til 5 hours after she was born that I got her name. I ended up texting one of my best friends to help me and He pretty much named her for me :-)

I feel your pain. Goodluck.. don't rush it.. a name will come when you see that little face.

i think it will come to you some day when you are just sitting together, and bam there ya go. Its that easy, My husband and I are having trouble picking out a boy name. we got the girls name picked its tough. I wish you the best of luck and if you have any ideas for a boys name, i would love to hear the suggestions.

I've named both my babies in the last 5 minutes at the hospital. Sometimes it is easier to see them to know what they look like.

We ended up going with Jessica Jade and Rebecca Lily

We waited until they were born. It made sense to put the name with the face.

Maybe you can pick after he/she is born and you get a better feel for their personality....isn't it sad that you had to mention that you weren't having coffee...if you hadn't, there'd be a million people all over you.

thats how my cousins did it . when they saw the ultrasound of the babys face , thats when they decided she was a madison .