Why does Israel hate Obama?

Israel online newspapers have it out for him. Everyday someone links me to an article from an Israeli publication. II usually ignore it because it's the same story. Should Obama care? Will it hurt his campaign?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Sage
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Israel hates Obama in part because he is an "outsider" culturally and most importantly because he is not as interested as McCain in starting a war with Iran (btw neither was President Jimmy Carter in 1979). This to Israel is their key selling point. They want to be the dominate economic force in the region. They already have enough military power to fight anyone in the region, but they are most interested (as are the US and Great Britain) in the economic spoils of crude oil in the Caspian Sea which is presently controlled by Iran. In their (political) mind Obama is not looking after their interests.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Be careful of blanket statements. No news media speaks for all people. The media is bias. The informed voter knows who he/she is going to vote for. The informed voter studies the issues and has a vision for America. People, who let the media decide who they should vote for, are immature. So, don't accept that 'Israel' hates anybody! And realize something else, people are people- whatever nationality/race___. There's room enough on this earth for all of us. It's time to stop with the hate! The citizens of the world need to stand up and stop allowing those around the world, that we call 'leaders', to keep this hate stirred up. All say they serve a 'God'__. Well, the God of love, must be sickened to his heart of the display of pure hate that is displayed on a daily basis. Surely, surely, all peoples of the world, is sick and tired of all the killings!! It's time that we stand up and say enough is enough - and we need to start with the Media! The Media has betrayed the American People and the World! All of the Media around the World! We are 'more' than them__. We, the people, are suffering. Our little children are taught hate from the womb. This must stop! It's time that wse bring up new generations that can live side by side - that can see the beauty in other people. It's time to bury greed! May God help us all!

Source(s): Ordained Minister
  • 4 years ago

Obama says nothing about their atrocities and does not veto billions in aid. He doesnt hate Israel, just Netanyahu who is far-right. Obama is a centrist. Netanyahu's tactics are not what we would find acceptable in the U.S.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I have no idea about Israel, but Jewish americans favor Obama 2 to 1.

He has no problem in this area.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I don't know that they do. Most of the Israelis I know are more worried about their own country's politics than those of the US, although one gentleman put it pretty clearly for our limited understanding of one another's languages -

He indicated his own leaders, then President Bush, then shook his head and said, "No more cowboys."

As an aside to "Jews against Obama" - You say "He has three Muslim names..." Really? The kid I met at his recent bar Mitzvahs was named Barrack. Go figure.

• 1 decade ago

Because he is pro-Palestinian.

I, for one, would like to see Israel recognize that the Palestinians need a home, just like they did.

And, I don't think we should be siding with the promotion of hate and terror for either side. (They are both equally guilty.)

Having said that, Obama has no diplomacy. There are ways that a diplomat communicates ideas in order to bring about change. Obama seems to think all he has to do is stand in front of crowds and preach about hope and change. No. You also need to be a skilled diplomat. Obviously, Obama is not a skilled diplomat.

Yes. This, along with many other issues, will hurt his campaign.

Obama is not electable.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Listen to his dear Rev. Wright Obamas best Friend.the Church hates Jews and Christan's course they love Farrakhan.

• 1 decade ago

Barack Obama doesn't hate anyone simply because he knows what it is to be looked down on by certain other ignorant *** races of people !!!!!!!!!!!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well, if you had someone who was about to come in to office and be in charge of the largest arsenal in the world, and that someone had ties to your worst enemies, enemies who have openly said they want to see you in a ball of fire, would you not be concerned?

• 1 decade ago

I do not believe your claim. Another attempt to misrepresent Obama. Sad. You must really feel threatened by his candidacy.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.