Who else listens to music in another language?!?

I do! Lately i have found a new favourite singer! It all started last year with Eurovision 2007. The winner, Marija Šerifović, from Serbia with the song 'Molitva', is the person i am now obsessed with! I was yelling and stuff as the votes were being announced as was so happy when she won. Anyway this year just before Eirovision 2008 i researched her, looking for her music! Anyway i love it! It is all serbian, (which i do not speak) but who cares? It's beautiful music.

Marija Šerifović Rocks!

Music is Universal!

Who else agrees?!

(Or am i just weird for listening to music with lyrics i do not know)

Yeah i have found translations, but i mostly don;t read/memorise them, i like leaving it a lit of a mystery! Thanks for the clip by the way, i like it!

Some of my friends really like Basshunter too!

Thanks for so many answers!

Cool мaяia ツಌ Great to find another lover! (You know what i mean lol!) :) You should find some of her other songs and download them! They are good!

• мaria
    Favorite Answer

Wow, I've been obsessed with that song too the past 2 weeks. Also with this year's song for Serbia, Oro. Well actually I'm Italian and I listen to english music so yea, another language. I also like Greek, Serbian and French songs :)

Molitva, kao žar na mojim usnama je... ;)

• Dragon

As much as I try, unless I can get the gist of the meaning of the words I feel like I'm missing the point of the song.

I'm somewhat of a wordsmith, so knowing or at least having some understanding of the words is important to me. I'm only truly fluent in English, but can understand some Spanish, Italian, Portuguese and French.

Music from other places can be fine in instrumental form, but when I'm hearing words I don't understand it bothers me a bit. I agree that music is universal, but I just can't seem to appreciate it quite as much when there are words sung in a tongue that's totally incomprehensible to me.

I do, too.

Was at an italian restaurant the other night and we kept giggling at the 'english' songs they were playing but sung by italian artists in italian language. Kind of distracting, actually. A case of familiar & yet unfamiliar at same time...

World music...is fantastic.

After playing GTA IV, I've developed a liking of Russian music.

Thank you Radio Vladivostok!!

I love basshunter. Does Boten Anna ring any bells? Its Swedish... I think. But definitely not English.

• amanda

I dont listen to music in another language but my friend does.

She loves Eurovision and likes all the artists that entered. :P

I listen to Edith Piaf, a French singer. But I do understand what she's saying.

• sophia

since English is not my mother tongue, I listen to it as a foreign language, but I also have to mention French, Spanish, Polish, German, Portuguese, Greek even Russian music.

And since you've mentioned Serbian, I'm simply crazy about it... I hope you'll like this video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m46SanTSzRQ

Youtube thumbnail

Source(s): and yes, I agree that in music sometimes language doesn't matter...

I like music in other languages.

love listening to songs in other languages, particularly celtic / gaelic music, partial to spanish and african tibal too

my fav artist at the moment would have to be enya, fav song wild child (enya)