I am 11 days away from being discharged from bankruptcy!?

But I need a £500 loan - no-one will touch me - not even "Provident", please help!

Dont have any close family or riends that I could ask - GE Capital were one o my Debtors - dont think they would touch me either - fun and games - can't get a bank account until I am discharged aswell - you think your doing th right thing whe you declare yourself bankrupt - but it's not - it's the cowards way out - my advice to anyone considering it - dont! There are other ways - IVA's for example - my problem was that I had to as I had a baby and couldn't work could keep up my "debt managment" payments either! Thanks to you for offering your advice - in most cases - they would work.

The reason I was looking for a loan is that the council has given us a house BUT it does not have any carpets - and my daughter has fallen over a few times - concrete floors are quite hard when you fall on them especially head first when your 18 months old! We do not qualify for benefits etc and my husband struggles to pay the household bills and due to my bankruptcy we are both "black listed", so I understand when you give answer like I have received - BUT - please know the facts first.

Favorite Answer

Why do you need a loan? Shouldn't you have learned NOT to take loans and not to put yourself into a position where you need a loan?

You need to sell your stuff, get a second job, get a roommate...anything but get a loan.

Remember look around your house for the 'treasure' someone else may be willing to buy that you have not considered. List it on Craigs List or Ebay. Another thing if you have Pawn Shops where people take stuff to sell (cheap) or Pawn to redeem later. Don't pawn something you would not want to risk loosing. Also, try applying for new credit card and budget to payoff balance quickly use only for emergency because the interest rate probably would be high. at first. Another thing is you own your automobile you may be able to get a 'secured' loan even though you may not get a 'fair market value' loan on your car.

Do you have GE Money where you are? They have high interest rates though, so just keep up with payments.

If you don't have any family or friends who trust you, why should strangers trust you?

wont your parents or friends lend it ot you?