Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsCancer · 1 decade ago

If you drive you hav more chance of dying from cancer than if you smoke cigarettes. Source,The Launcet?

16.6.2008. Don't drive, Don't get cancer.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

whaat you cant be serious. what sorta cancer would you get from driving? lung cancer from breathing in oxygen rushing through the windows or aircon? hardly any gas fumes ever enter your car =s.

or maybe referring to the SUN COMING THROUGH THE WINDSHIELD!

The Launcet might as well put up the argument your more likely to get cancer if your a male.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

You wont die for smoking 1-2 cigarettes a day. that would only happen if u get really addicted to it like 1 or 2 boxes i know cause a few months ago my dad died from cancer n it was because he was a welder n for breathing all that metal n other chemicals he got it n he was like 3-4 boxes a day n the doctors "no ur clean sir congrats" every time so for 1-2 a day ur in the clear so go ahead but if u start to get more n more leave it cause even tho my dad didn't die of that all body's are different so yea. hopefully i helped u ^^

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Looked at the June 16 Lancet and did not see that. Was it in the letters section where anyone can say weird stuff?

Never heard of a medical journal called Launcet.

Keep smoking ,if you do, the world needs less people telling people BS and the goverment needs the tax money to treat people with heart disease from smoking.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Young drivers account for more than two in five road deaths, according to new research by safety campaign organisation Brake.

Brake says that 1297 of the 3201 deaths in 2005 involved a motorist or rider aged between 15 and 25, according to figures supplied to it by the Department for Transport and the Northern Ireland Police Service, despite the fact they account for just one in eight licenses.

maybe the government should be doing more about this.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

What? That is short a few details I would guess. I hope you're not quoting from a daily. Dailies are not designed to educate. They're designed to attract consumers with sensational headlines. They seldom include important details when reporting science.

I don't drive so I guess I'll die when a motorist drops his smoke in his lap and veers into me.

Penguins are cute!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Now a days there are a lot of cars and the roads are congested with traffic and not all drivers are driving to the high way code i think some of them should take the test again

• 1 decade ago

Good thing I don't do either, even less chance of me getting cancer. I don't drive and i don't smoke (unless you count second-hand smoke in some still-not-smokefree places here in Belgium).

Jo

• T. M
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

what BS rumour aer u making up -

Making up stupid rumors actually is more likely to give u cancer than driving

• vici
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

dont smoke, dont give cancer to other people

xxx vici

• 1 decade ago

And also, I have been told that it would take 2000 smokers to cause as much pollution as one car does in a year.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.