Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

U.S. Creationists, given the fact that both John Mccain and Barack Obama accept evolution theory entirely...?

does that put you between a rock and a hard place? what are your thoughts?

"Darwin helped explain nature’s laws. He did not speculate, in his published theories at least, on the origin of life. He did not exclude God, for Whom the immensity of time is but a moment, from our presence. The only undeniable challenge the theory of evolution poses to Christian beliefs is its obvious contradiction of the idea that God created the world as it is in less than a week. But our faith is certainly not so weak that it can be shaken to learn that a biblical metaphor is not literal history. Nature doesn’t threaten our faith. On the contrary, when we contemplate its beauty and mysteries we cannot quiet in our heart an insistent impulse of belief that for all its variations and inevitable change, before its creation, in a time before time, God let it be so, and, thus, its many splendors and purposes abide in His purpose.”

- John Mccain

“I’m a Christian, and I believe in parents being able to provide children with religious instruction without interference from the state. But I also believe our schools are there to teach worldly knowledge and science. I believe in evolution, and I believe there’s a difference between science and faith. That doesn’t make faith any less important than science. It just means they’re two different things. And I think it’s a mistake to try to cloud the teaching of science with theories that frankly don’t hold up to scientific inquiry.”

- Barack Obama

"I think Americans should be exposed to every point of view," he said. "I happen to believe in evolution. ... I respect those who think the world was created in seven days. Should it be taught as a science class? Probably not."

- John Mccain

i guess both of them are in on the huge anti-God conspiracy of epic proportions.. also?... (i'm kidding, the conspiracy theory only exists in your wild imagination.). it must be one mighty big scam, i tell you huwat!

truth be told, it would be in their best interest to go with the majority of the ignorant American masses and say "God made everything in 6 literal days"... but i guess they'd rather be honest to themselves and everyone else.

labowu that's the perfect platform, it's America remember?

it's AMerica.. the land of the "we don't care too much about education". Land of the creationists greatly outnumber those who respect science. The perfect platform is as a creationist. there is no easier way to get votes.

Best Answer

Winston Churchill once said, " You can fool all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time".

Obviously he was talking about British people, not Americans !

Look at all of them saying "Well whatever, I'd NEVER vote for a Democrat!"

This after 8 years of that faithful "Christian" Republican Mr. George W. Bush, hands down the WORST, most simultaneously corrupt AND incompetent president in American history.

We already knew these people were completely out of touch with anything resembling reality.

And the really hilarious thing about the GOP pool this time around was that none of the viable candidates was loony and bigoted enough for the base. Huckabee, yes; but he never really had a chance. Romney was the wrong kind of Christian, and McCain referred to the Christian Right as "agents of intolerance" back when he still had some integrity. And Guiliani, of course, is the cross-dressing abortionist. No Bushes this time around!

And then of course there's this guy below saying that he doesn't "believe" in man-made global warming - absolutely typical. This after BushCo just had to release its own report on global warming, 4 years late, that spells it out once again, in the plainest black and white terms. I'm sorry, but you just don't get to not believe in man-made global warming anymore. You no longer have the luxury of being that ignorant.

mccain seems to have commonplace choose jones' decision interior the dover trial. yet i undergo in innovations while mccain, for a quick time, became into attempting to income help from the far precise and from rural midwesterners, and altered his place... he went on "meet the clicking" and a few different exhibits, and claimed to assist coaching the two smart layout and technological know-how on the comparable time, leaving the scholars to variety it out... (this of path is an asinine thank you to teach something ...fairly technological know-how) yet that became into short lived (he didnt get plenty help from the far precise) and dropped the entire element, as much as now as i comprehend (i on no account heard anymore approximately it) btw, i think of he's a competent guy and a hero ...yet a baby-kisser besides the undeniable fact that the undeniable fact that he knowingly "used" usa's lack of know-how of the sciences, for the purpose of political income, quite disillusioned me... because of the fact up till that element, i popular mccain's consistent "at modern communicate"

People can accept religion and still accept scientific theories. I'll never understand why it has to be "either/or." Unless you're some weirdo who believes every word of the Bible is literal truth. ;P

Great - baby-killing Democrats who let people have abortions is SO much worse than going to Iraq and blowing up over a million (and counting!) people, many of whom are women and children. Oh, but they're not Christian, so I guess they don't count.

Let's rephrase the question. Do you think any candidate that ran on a Creationist platform would have a chance? The fool would be laughed out of the primaries on day one. That should tell you something. Creationists are just a half step behind the Earth is Flat Society.

• Skeff

Would that be a rock over 6 K years old?

I doubt this will sway them. Most (if not all) scientists also accept evolution, and yet they still grab onto the outdated biblical model.

Most people vote on the issues that are important to the country

Evolution is not one of those issues.

Why? They both believe in man made Global Warming too,I don't so what? I like the Dodgers ,McCain I'm sure likes the Diamond backs as Barak likes the Cubs so what. I still like McCain.Obama is alright but he's wet behind the ears still.Next time maybe.Hilary....forget it!

They need to add a "None of the Above" space.