Why Does the USA Have the Highest Adoption Rates in the World?

whatever happened to valuing family? It appears that separation of mother and babe is treated as casually as cutting an earthworm in two?
Update: Just to be clear, I'm referring to INFANT adoption rates in this question
Update 2: ETA: I'm not passing judgement on the mothers at all! I'm passing judgement on the industry and way adoption is glorified and practiced in the USA. My own mother was a victim of the US adoption practices when she was told I was DEAD by people who thought they knew better than her. I've lived... show more ETA: I'm not passing judgement on the mothers at all! I'm passing judgement on the industry and way adoption is glorified and practiced in the USA. My own mother was a victim of the US adoption practices when she was told I was DEAD by people who thought they knew better than her. I've lived adoption for 37 years and I def know exactly what I'm talking about.
Update 3: ETA. Erin for comparison Australia has less than 500 total adoptions per year. The USA has in excess of 120,000.