CBSE or ICSE???I want to know which is better and in which subjects is it better?

For ex-

CBSE is better in Enlish and ICSE in Maths or something like that...........

The above is just an example,dont tk it seriously.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hey brother if you take my opinion Cbse is better for aspirants of engineering,medical and mba as Cbse conducts the second most important engineering entrance i.e. Aieee as well Cbse pmt in Medical and so the syllabus is based on Ncert books which you refer.IIT and AIIMS are based mostly on cBSe Course.As you mentioned,Cbse is good in English and English is a core subject in MBA e ntrances i.e.CAT,XAT etc.

If you want to do sth else except Engineering,Medical and Mba Go for ICSE.

ICSE is better in Maths,Physics.History &civics.

CBSE is better in chemistry biology Geography English Economics etc

So, cbse wins 5 to3

thanks!

Source(s): I know as i have studied both under Icse and cbse.
  • 1 decade ago

Well I think CBSE is better than ICSE I did my primary and secondary education in CBSE and I now have a better knowledge in english well if u r taking your career related to maths like CA or some thing else u can go for ICSE but my suggestion is to study in CBSE because u can do well in maths and get more english knowledge.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It is generally very difficult to compare the individual subjs and only a person who has done both will able to tell you,which is better. But CBSE is supposed to be better because it goes along best with the other examining boards. No matter which part of India you go to, you have access to CBSE schools and univeristies recognise CBSE more than ICSE. I have also heard that ICSE is harder to score than CBSE..but i m not too sure about that..

• 1 decade ago

It depends on you. Whether it is CBSE or ICSE that doesn't matter, how you study, how much extra knowledge you gain that matters. It depends on how much you practice maths, you read english books and communicate. I know people who have done SSLC from state board schools and got nice (single digit) ranks in medical and engg entrance test and earn more than 2 lakhs per month in India. And CBSE and ICSE schools nowadays there is not much difference in the books they select. My neighbour's children goes to CBSE schools as well as ICSE schools but the books are same... so where comes the difference? and teaching and quality of the teachers that matters....depends on the tutions too.... same teacher takes tution for CBSE , SSLCand ICSE students and there is not much diffrence in the % of marks they are getting....

ALL OF THE ABOVE ARE FROM EXPERIENCE

Now I'm leaving it for you to decide ...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well i say u choose CBSE. I have completed my 12 in CBSE this year....since first standard im in CBSE . I would like to tell you one thing if you work hard every single day dont leave anything for tommorow...just regular work u will come up well. or else u wont reach anywhere..bcoz CBSE is tough and ICSE is tougher...better opt for CBSE. If u cant manage with such hectic syllubus just take States syllabus. that is easy and you can score well too.. can u tell me from where u r i mean which university (u tell me the state where u r staying). r u from bangalore?

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Central Board of Secondary Education - CBSE

• 1 decade ago

CBSE is better than ICSE in all respects. They conduct all India Examination in both medical (CBSE- AIPMT) and engineering(AIEEE) field.

Best of Luck

• cbse and icse both are same regarding maths. www.alexmaths.com

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i study in a cbse school n i thnk cbse is better than ICSE......

• 1 decade ago

ICSE

Not only Maths, i feel icse curriculum is better

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.