Why do business men order escorts or prostitutes while on a business trip?

I work nights at an upscale hotel and I understand that men can get lonely on the road or flying alone for business, but I just don't understand why men feel this need while traveling on business. Exuse me for being frank, but can't the man just jerk off in their hotel room and then go to sleep? I can... show more I work nights at an upscale hotel and I understand that men can get lonely on the road or flying alone for business, but I just don't understand why men feel this need while traveling on business. Exuse me for being frank, but can't the man just jerk off in their hotel room and then go to sleep?

I can tell when some men have low standards by how well put together their "date" is too, sometimes it disgusts me, but I suppose you get what you pay for!
Update: Some of the answers have been outstanding to my question so far! I left the question mainly vague because I wanted to leave the rest up to the people who feel the need to answer this question their own way. I'm not judging the character of both parties involved (man/prostitute or woman/boytoy), mainly... show more Some of the answers have been outstanding to my question so far!

I left the question mainly vague because I wanted to leave the rest up to the people who feel the need to answer this question their own way.

I'm not judging the character of both parties involved (man/prostitute or woman/boytoy), mainly just curious as to how people answer the question the way it's posed.