Why do people hate the military?

I dedicated my life to fight for your rights yet Ive been yelled at, spitted on, and told that I should die. It seems like one service member does something bad and people hate all 500,000 of us. Thats some sort of discrimination or racism. Jobism...?

Favorite Answer

its real easy for people to walk out of the mall to the nice fancy car knowing if the weather is bad they can go inside they can get a hot meal and live easy without seeing how people in other countries live, people like to complain about how rough they have it and critique this country. Most people will never understand what we go through. we get paid below minimum wage live in messed up conditions and go without because we love our Country. Its like the only time u see people praising the Military is when war is goin on then they get tired and move on to something else. Thats why as vets we have to look out for each other. Just like while in the service we did.

Semper Fi

From a civilian standpoint, most Americans actually support the military. It's the fighter-jock, "we're better than you because we're a trained government killer" mentality that some (not all) military personnel seem to think they've earned that pisses most civilians off. It's the ideology that somehow the American soldier will definitely see combat and every single American soldier was forced into that situation. It's a half-truth. You signed up knowing full well the possibility that the only way out was in a body-bag. Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for military personnel. But you don't have to go begging, coercing, harassing and hazing people into feeling something if it's just not there. That's just pathetic.

• But if it wasn't for the US military, China and Russia would be anal raping your American asses right now. Maybe America needs a good *** anal raping for this country to appreciate its military. "Duty , Honor, Country"!!!!!!!!!!

This is a topic I feel incredibly strongly about but I have an insanely unpopular opinion. Honestly, my ex was in the army and his upcoming deployment literally ruined the entire two years we had together before he even left because it was a constant presence in our lives. I ll admit that s where my issues with the military stem from, but since then I ve been able to add to this a little more.

For example, let me start by saying that we should 100% run our military with the OPTION to deploy IF YOU WANT TO. I know what everyone will say- "no one would ever volunteer that s why they have to be forced into it." First of all, that sounds like you re talking about prison, not someone s allegedly admirable career. Second of all, its just plain false. I know many people who volunteer for every deployment they can because they aren t married with a family yet and like the money or they just plain like going over there with their buddies and think its fun. Maybe if another Hitler appears then fine but things being as it is why can t a person join for the career that DOESN T rip them from their families? I m sorry but dragging a new husband away from his pregnant wife and missing the birth of his first child is just WRONG. Especially now, with whatever the **** this excuse for a war that s still happening is, I can tell you my ex sat in Kuwait (which is apparently a completely normal and developed city) and skyped me from a ******* Starbucks. In my case it was fine but he had friends who missed the births of their children .... to sit in a Starbucks in some other country. I"m sorry but I think the military used to be huge and important but at this point its about ruining lives. They do what they want with other peoples lives just because they ******* can.

• Aimee

I don't believe most Americans hate the Military. Even if they don't agree with the President, most Americans still support our Military.

My husband just retired from the Navy after serving for 22 years. I spent the last 10 years as a Military wife and we have experienced nothing but kindness and support from people. I've seen strangers come up to my husband while he's in uniform and not only shake his hand, but thank him for serving our Country. We also were treated very well while stationed in other Countries:)

• Michel

That's horrible! I think that people are simply ignorant and looking for someone to blame. I personally appreciate your service and what you have done for this country. Don't even waist your time talking to idiots such as you describe. They do not have any clue what it's like to risk your life for your country.

It is discrimination!

Because they are ignorant and/or politically motivated. Sad but true...

However, I sincerely appreciate your service and would like to thank you and apologize for all those too ignorant and hateful to do the same.

Thank You & God Bless!!!

• i dont hate the military.

You did not fight for my rights, you were ordered to do something and you did it. I wouldn't say that people hate the military, but they do hate what they are told to do. People don't know where to put the blame and often take their anger out on the troops.

Source(s): I have family and friends in the military (Air Force and Marines)