Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Catholics: Rosary Army?

I've been perusing the website ( http://www.rosaryarmy.com/ ) and I really want to get involved and make some Rosaries to donate, but I can't seem to find any information about blessing. Does anyone know if I should have my Rosaries blessed before mailing them in, or send them in unblessed?

Of course. But I want to know if I should get them blessed before donating them. I don't want to send in unblessed Rosaries for people to pray with if the charity doesn't bless them. ;)

Thanks, guys. I'll get them blessed and just send in a letter telling them I already got it done.

Favorite Answer

Hold on, Cat! I'm on the Rosary Army forums, and Greg tells us that we are NOT to have the rosaries blessed that we send in. That's because sometimes people use blessed things for sacriligious purposes, and we have no real way of knowing who's on the other end of a rosary request -- they're just sent out in faith.

Definitely join the discussion forums on RA. There's a whole lot of information like this that's been gathered there (and nicely categorized) over the last few years, including updates on suppliers of the materials used to make the rosaries.

Send them unblessed. This way they can bless them on their own, and pass them out that way. If you do donate a blessed rosary, be sure to let them know that it is blessed, so that way they can give it to someone who will take care of it correctly. I make rosaries also, this is how I know.

It would be nice to have them blessed first :) It means more that you went to the trouble of having them blessed before sending them out. You're sweet for making rosaries for people!

Don't have them blessed.

The person who gets the rosary...that is their responsibility.

If it goes through the mail blessed, or if they are bought by someone unscrupulous, there can be repercussions.

• Dixie

It's easy enough to have them blessed, your priest can do it. I'd go ahead and have them blessed.

• I believe you can just ask your priest!