mexico of the us? (soccer)?

who is better, mexico or the us soccer teams?

• Eazy
    Favorite Answer

Mexico, they have more history, that ain't saying anything against US teams, but you can't compare a DC United (in my opinion the best MLS team with little history) to a Chivas De Guadalajara or America, those teams have been around for over a 100 years and a little less. And they both have very rich history. Besides saying that Mexican teams have better players, they usually win the CONCACAF Champions League almost always and they do very good in Libertadores and Sudamericana. America right now is in Semifinals in Libertadores. On the other hand, MLS is a league around 13 years old and really don't have history. No offense to MLS fans, but MLS won't get any better by hiring 33 or 35 year old players into the league (and yes, I include Cuauhtemoc), they have youth systems and they need to use them right, and try to get younger European talent if they want to do it right. DC United is the team in MLS with most titles, but they are far from getting close to Mexican teams. Beckham is not the very good player he was since Man U. In Real Madrid, he was a regular and a bench player. He is not as good of a player as everyone seems to think he is. But as for now, Mexico teams are better, MLS teams have a long, long way to go to try to get to Primera Division status.

The point of what I'm saying is that you need history to have a good team, and Mexican teams have a lot of history. That's what makes them better. And MLS don't have history, their new to this. Like I said, MLS is doing it's own thing and that's something to respect but don't compare what can't be compared, look at the CONCACAF Champions League history for yourself, Mexico teams have 24 titles while MLS or NASL teams have 2. No disrespect to MLS though, I don't mean to offend it. But that's just how it is.

And to David:

How can you compare Rafa Marquez with Landon Donovan? Come on man, I admit that Donovan is a good player, but look at what Marquez has accomplished and look at where he's at, go ahead and compare LA Galaxy against FC Barcelona, it's a no brainer where the talent is at. Not just because Landon plays sometimes against a world class player (Rafa Marquez) does that automatically he's world class. Come on, you have to be a wonderful player to be in a wonderful team, that's where Rafa Marquez is, In Barcelona, and Donovan is in LA Galaxy.

And about Freddy Adu and Gio. That's also something that can't be compared, Adu is good but look at how people are keeping an eye on Gio. How many teams want him, and he's sold for 12.5 Million Pounds. That's coming from people who know football and know what he's going to develop later on. Again, look at the team he's in. Barcelona, and look at Adu, Benfica, a UEFA Cup team. I think Adu will be a good player, but time can tell on him, but he won't be a phenom. Freddy is from Ghana, just for those who don't know. And Gio looks (to Football People) like he's gonna be a huge success in football. Like I said, that's coming from people who know football in Europe, that's how much they're going to pay, and they think it's a steal.

• pbfpa

Mexico as many have said before. And they will only continue to get stronger because it was just announce that young leagues such as the sub-15, sub-17 and sub 20 will be developed. That way many youngsters will already have experience once they get to the first division in Mexico and wont take them that long to go to europe as some have given the excused that before mexican players go to europe they need more experienced. So im looking forward to the Mexican League.

And To David

Please do not bring the national team into this please how can you compare Landon Dodavon with someone like Rafael Marquez and the thing about Freddy Adu at least Mexico doesn not give citizenship to foreign players right away so they could play with the national team, at least Gio has a Mexican mother and was born in Mexico.

What kind of question is that??? Of cource mexican soccer teams are better than US teams. Have you ever seen a player in a US team do some kind of cool trick or an unforgettable goal.... I don't think so!!! And also mexican soccer games are a lot funner to watch. when i start watching a US soccer team play i can help to fall asleep because of the boredom.

The thing the US has is that their clubs are not selfish and will let talent go to Europe and play there. In Mexico there is a lot of politics that hold players from going overseas. What do you think is one of the reasons Omar Bravo did not sign an extension with Chivas? Money talks and if the club does not get what they want, they do not let them go to Europe. Plus, the US has a good academy system in place. In Mexico, if you do not have money, you can be the best player but you just made things harder for yourself.

David how about you go suck some cock

The US is just living off of other countries in soccer

MEXICO is better

hahaha i cant beleive he compares rafa and donovan.. lets see donovan went to play in a europe but came back because he couldnt handle it there so he comes back to MLS so he can vbe the star here. Rafa went to europe at 19 to Monaco and won the french league and ahs won the spanish and champions league too so don't even compare them And Adu vs Dos Santos? seriously dos santos plays for barcelona and may be a sub but plays decent and gets playing time. I cant say wether adu plays good since he doesnt at all.... Plus we don't just have one young good player we have alot some of which already play in europe and are going soon Vela, Guardado, Moreno, Ochoa. You don't know crap so i would just erase your comment and save yourself from looking like an idiot

first pablo ramirez sucks with his torrito and vela vela he is annoying. the FMF has nothing to do except that they sold the right to to broadcast the home games of El TRI to Telemundo which is own by NBC so no ESPN which is own by Disney ABC. Telemundo(spanish) and Mun2(english) will broadcast at 3pm CT 1pm PT 4 ET if you don't have Mun2 there is going to be a free preview this week. but I guess there is going to be a pre show so I would start watching early

Mugre gringo este, Why are you asking this if you already know the answer? I bet you're the one that gave thumbs down to the last two posts. Nobody in here is going to tell you the MLS is better than la Primera Division de Mexico simply because that's not true. There I answered your question.

Source(s): Odiame Mas!

im confused by the question.

"Mexico of the US?", what does this mean.

"...Mexico or the US soccer teams?", are you comparing the Mexican NT to US clubs?

Mexico has been better for years, but US is catching up by having their own league (no matter how lame it may seem). MLS is getting better. I remember a couple of years ago when MLS was worst. Anyways Mexico is better no matter what the latest statistics may say.