Lilfrankie asked in SportsHockey · 1 decade ago

Are Bevo Abec 9 and Mission 5 Bearing the same size?

Bevo Abec 9 Micro-bearings and Mission 5 Bearing. Are they differant in size?

Favorite Answer

You are listing brands. Are Goodyear tires the same size as Firestone?

There are two common sizes for skate bearings. You can use either size in any skate as long as you have wheels and spacers designed for the same size.

The most common is 608, which is used in the vast majority of recreational, fitness, agressive, and some hockey skates. Places that sell them frequently don't list a size because almost everyone uses them. They are about 7/8" in diameter.

Some hockey wheels are designed for 688 bearings which are much smaller (about 5/8" diameter).

If you look at the pictures on these links, you will notice that the 688 bearing has a much shorter side profile than the 608

688 - www.rollerbob.com/partpics/med.688ZD.jpg

608 - www.rollerbob.com/partpics/med.ZD7.jpg

Source(s): 12+ years of skating.

God has a plan, don't question it. If God wants you to know his plan you will see it. Just like Tarzan was raised by gorillas and is a heathen, God's plan to strand me in the Jungle allowed me to not only show the heathen Tarzan the love of Jesus, but to also spread his word to his gorilla kin. Now if God could only bless me with the gift of tongues so that I can speak with the gorillas. I guess I'll just have to pray hard and leave it up to the Lord.

No idea, but if you want good bearings, go with Swiss "Boss"

hmm Chris, the ? pertains to in-line skates which will likely be used in roller hockey

same size but different fittings

• Chris

This is hockey, not skateboarding.