How do I change the depth angle of a picture in Photoshop?

I have a picture with a wall in it. The wall is moving away from the camera at an angle. I want to photoshop a picture onto it. Obviously if I put the picture on "as is," it will not look like the picture is on the wall. How do I angle that picture so it will be at the same angle as the wall so I can paste it on to look like the picture was already there?

Update:

I mean as in how to make it look like one end of the photograph is closer to the camera than the other end.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Lou
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Open the picture you want to paint on the wall then use "select all" to outline the area of the image.

Go to "Edit" > "transform" > "Perspective"

The perspective you choose should match the "vanishing point" edge of the wall in the other picture.

By importing the picture as a layer after you have transformed it, you can play with if further to get it exactly right.

• Login to reply the answers
  • badey
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Photoshop Change Perspective

• sernas
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Change Perspective Photoshop

• 1 decade ago

I don't know if Photoshop has it but on PSP7 & 8 there is a geometric option to change perspective. In this instance you would not want to corretct the pic to square but you can change a square pic to an angled one. Then cut round the image with a lassoo and copy and paste it on to the pic of the wall.

Hope I have made this action clear. Telling someone how is more complicated than doing the job itself.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Open the file that has the wall. Now open the picture that you want to add to it. Copy and paste this image into the "wall" photo and it will automatically come in as a new layer. With that layer selected go to Edit menu, down to Transform and pick "Perspective" or "Distort"

Perspective will work but it's based on symmetrical angles. Distort will allow you to independently move each corner of the image that you pasted in so that you can exactly match the perspective in the original photo. Once you've got the distortion matched up, you can flatten the image and save it under a new name.

• 3 years ago

Source(s): Become Professional Photographer http://PhotographyMasterclass.enle.info/?29ub
  • Pamela
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

It appears to be a picture of chocolates that I enjoy. 11/10

• 6 years ago

Edit >>transform>>perpective and adjust it the way you want it.

http://www.autoglassondemand.com

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.