Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesSan Francisco · 1 decade ago

What is this city south of San Francisco?

I've driven on Hwy 101N toward SF a few times, and right before entering SF I drive past these beautiful hills that are covered with houses, on my left. The bay is very close to the highway on my right. The combination of the houses on the hills and the bay creates a breathtaking view. What city is that (the one with the houses on the hills)? And is there a particular name for the area with the houses on the hills (i.e. how East Palo Alto is distinguished from just Palo Alto). Thanks in advance.

Favorite Answer

It sounds like Brisbane to me as well.

In regards to the second part of your question, East Palo Alto is in San Mateo County, and Palo Alto is in Santa Clara County.

Palo Alto is home to Stanford University and is a very affluent town, while East Palo Alto, is more working class. When I was growing up in the Bay Area years ago East Palo Alto was the ghetto.

Maybe you are thinking of San Bruno Mountain. It is just south of SF. There are a couple of new housing developments on the mountain. The south side would be in South San Francisco and the north side would be Brisbane. Both face the Bay.

I agree, I believe you are speaking of Brisbane.

sanbruno