Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 1 decade ago

Wii or PS3?

I can't decide which to ask for for my 16'th birthday...maybe someone could reccomend which one is best? My parents are hesitant about spending alot of money, too, so...

Current Consoles:

PS1 (retired) (30+ games)

PS2 (10-15 games)

GBA (retired) (10+ games)

Gamecube (3 games)

Nintendo DS (6-7 games)

My Interests:

I am one who likes both good graphics and good gameplay at the same time. I'm into strategy and RPG games and starting to like FPSs as well. My favorite games at the moment are Guitar Hero 3, Pokemon Diamond, and Ace Combat Zero.

Thoughts:

I am leaning towards the PS3 since it's cool, powerful and has awesome stuff like Blu-ray and an internal HD. Also, even though the Wii can play NES/SNES/N64 games, I can just download emulators for those.

However, since I have DS and love it, the Wii might be a bit more useful with it. Also, things for the Wii seem less expensive, like games and such. A lot of people I know have Wiis, so I might be able to play with them...

Anyone?

Oh, another thing. The PS3 is black and would go wonderfully with the theme of my room. The Wii, on the other hand, is white, and would be horribly out of place. However, is is possible to buy skins for the Wii? Is it practical to paint it? Maybe cover it in black electrical tape?

Favorite Answer

As an owner of all three next-generation consoles, I would say go for the PS3, as you would be more satisfied, being sixteen. The Wii has, for the most part, young pre-teen-like games, which are good for large groups of people. The PS3 however, which has been sitting in my living room for the longest time gathering dust until recently, has just began to take off. Being more reliable than the XBox 360, the PS3 is getting a lot more attention, and more games. Some even say year 2008 is the year of the PS3! With a growing library of great games, such as Metal Gear Solid 4 coming out soon, as well as Motorstorm 2, and Resistance 2, the Playstation 3 is a great investment at the moment. If you think about it, the PS3 is sort of like a mix between the Wii and the XBox 360, great graphics and motion control! I say you should totally go for the PS3, you will not be disappointed. :)

Oh! Also, if you are looking for an amazing first person shooter, try Call of Duty 4. That game is just amazing.

Well I've played both the wii and the ps3, and they are both good consoles, but id have to go with the ps3, as after a while, the wii got very tiring and boring for me, and most games I've experienced on the wii aren't good enough for hours of gameplay, whereas I could play the ps3 all day! The ps3 also plays movies. But if your really stuck between the two, get both!! Oh! If u get a ps3, try out heavenly sword!

Source(s): My years of gaming experience

Well, the PS3 has much better games. The Wii on the other hand is cheap. The PS3 can play movies is HD with Blu-ray. The Wii can play NES/SNES/N64 games like you said. The PS3 definitely has better graphics and both systems are fun with gameplay. It seems both systems fit you, though it would be too expensive to buy both. Too bad. I would go with the PS3. That is my opinion.

• larmon

are not getting THE PS3 it expenses six hundred funds and the video games do not look worth of buying for IMO Get the Xbox 360 provided which you're over 17 because of the fact a lot of video games for that device are rated M. once you are going to get it i'd advise suited dark 0, GUN, halo 2, halo 3 (coming quickly), and myth. Get the Wii provided that your decrease than 17 yet nevertheless human beings over 17 could have exciting too i'm guessing. in case you like mario, zelda, and particularly plenty each and every of the classics I definetly would advise getting the Wii. Plus it quite is Gamecube disk properly suited.

You want good graphics and good gameplay right...then go for the ps3. Quite honestly...the graphics for the wii are crap since all the games that come out for it are "party" type games for casual gamers.

And since you seem to like rpg games, I really, REALLY suggest you check out Level 5's White Knight. And as for fps, there's going to be a lot of them coming out, such as Resistance 2.

Source(s): http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/9/22/ ( I know...but I really wanted to put it in here)

i prefer the Wii because it has the wifi and Super Smash Bros Brawl is an excellent game. If you like to have good party games, go for the Nintendo Wii. If you like single player games, go with the PS3. I personally enjoy the Nintendo Wii!

well if you get a wii ( i have one and i think its freaking awesome!) you can play multiplayer with a friend that has a nintindo d.s..i swear you can lose weight on the wii too because you will be moving around so much!

but a ps3 is veary cool too.but if your 'rents dont want to spend to much money,then i would highly suggust a wii.its like 300$ and the ps3 is comes up to the grand total of 500$

good luck choosing!

Source(s): i am gonna ask for a psp for my b-day!

hmm .. good graphics, and good game play?? Xbox 360. it's way better. It has the widest selection of games, and the online gameplay is the best.

the ps3 cannot compare.

• Wii of PS3 I choose...neither.

XBox 360 reigns supreme.

the ps3 has the more graphic games and are more for serious gamers

the wii is more interactive and is best played with multiple players

Source(s): I own both