Kylee asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 decade ago

My Best Friend Lied And Told Me She Had LEUKEMIA!?

She told me she had Leukemia. I cried all night. Than the next day, she said it was a joke! What should i do?

Favorite Answer

Well if you cried all night than it's obvious that you're close to her, so it wouldn't be easy to dump her. Tell her that she had you really scared, and you cried all night. Say you didn't think it was funny at all, and she really hurt you.

Have you seen her coughing up blood or acting weak? Symptoms don't just turn off whenever other people are around. It doesn't sound like she has leukemia, but another disorder. CLS, compulsive liar disorder. Symptoms of CLS are major covering up (such as saying that no one had proof except her and her doctor), unusual actions (such as participating in gym class when she allegedly has an immune attacking cancer). I had a friend in elementary school who got leukemia. She was sick from school often, and didn't know why. When they found out, she was able to get treatment, and now she's perfectly healthy. It's not adding up. If she's 16, she should be going to the doctor with her parents. It's illegal not to because she's a minor. I say just ignore it unless she tries to use you with her "illness," then talk to someone and tell them what's going on. It's just petty kids-trying-to-find-themselves stuff until she tries to manilpulate you or someone else.

That is a repulsive game, and not funny.

If you WANT, you could try to stay friends with her and try to be a good influence. It sounds to me that she has none. Consider talking to her parents about her attention problem. She may need to spend more time with them.

If you don't want to hang out with her, because that was a really hurtful thing she did, I think people would understand. However, I wouldn't go around telling people what she did - she most likely feels bad about it. Let her know that you forgive her for what she did, but you don't feel you should hang out anymore.

Ask her the reason she did that. Did she have doubts and wanted to see how much your cared? Did she want to feel loved?

In any case, tell her that it wasn't even funny. It's kind of disrespectful to those who truly do have Leukemia and it obviously didn't do you much good. She needs to think before acting.

Pretending you have a deathly disease is never a joke. Many people have to suffer from it and what she does is make a joke out of it.

She isn't worth your tears.

You don't need to stop being friends with her all together.

I'm just saying,give her a clear warning to never do what she did again.

Wow! That's NOT a joke. That's cruel. Whatever possessed her to do such a thing?

Can you ever believe another thing she tells you?

Maybe find a new best friend, and cool it with her.

She was NOT NICE.

Tell her that was imature and you should not joke about a thing like that where thousands of people are dying around the world from it.

If she is going to joke about somthing that serious I would not hag out with her any more seriously get a new best friend now!!!

Sounds like she needs major attention. Tell her that it was a cruel joke and you didn't appreciate it. She should go visit people in a hospital who are actually diagnosed with that disease and see that it's no laughing matter.

Confront her. Tell her that joking about issues like that aren't even close to being funny because you care about her and you were worried sick! She'll understand if you just communicate that to her.