schism. asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 decade ago

Barack Obama?

READ: Please do not post any replies to this question if you support Obama. Seriously. I don't want any questions like 'Ew, you suck!!' because it's my rights to say what I want in a democracy.

Does anyone else agree that all these 'accidental' comments by Barack Obama (ex: His uncle liberated Auschwitz) that have been back fired into a 'mistake', are really true?

McCain 0'8!!!

Favorite Answer

No I do not agree...however...I think you are just being mislead..how about you decide because we all have free speech :)

People try to find ANY flaw to accuse him of being a racist muslim when they know absolutely NOTHING about him

GO OBAMA!

for example:

Obama had to clarify a statement he made on Monday about his uncle's role in World War II, the Washington Post writes. "Speaking in New Mexico on Memorial Day, Obama said a great-uncle had helped to liberate the Auschwitz death camp at the end of World War II. ‘I had a uncle who was one of the, who was part of the first American troops to go into Auschwitz and liberate the concentration camps,’ Obama said… He continued: ‘And the story in my family is that when he came home, he just went into the attic, and he didn't leave the house for six months. All right? Now, obviously something had affected him deeply, but at the time, there just weren't the kinds of facilities to help somebody work through that kind of pain.’”

“That may be a fact, the RNC noted gleefully -- but only if Obama's uncle had served in the Red Army of Joseph Stalin, which liberated Auschwitz on Jan. 27, 1945. Obama's campaign said yesterday that he had erred in naming the camp but not in describing the role of his great-uncle, who partook in the liberation of Buchenwald. ‘Senator Obama's family is proud of the service of his grandfather and uncles in World War II -- especially the fact that his great uncle was a part of liberating one of the concentration camps at Buchenwald. Yesterday he mistakenly referred to Auschwitz instead of Buchenwald in telling of his personal experience of a soldier in his family who served heroically,’ Obama campaign spokesman Bill Burton said in a statement.”

More: "Obama campaign aides were indignant that Republicans had pounced on what they called an innocent mistake in relating his family history. Tommy Vietor, an Obama spokesman, decried "using the Holocaust and concentration camps as a political football.’”

The Boston Globe: “Republicans tried yesterday to jump on it as a question of Barack Obama's judgment. His campaign chalked it up to an innocent mistake.”

On the day before the final day of the primaries, Obama plans a stop in Michigan. "Those familiar with Obama's schedule insist the trip is not designed as victory lap in anticipation of a favorable ruling this weekend at the DNC's Rules and Bylaws Committee meeting or an attempt to kick-start the Illinois senator's general election campaign in the state. Still, the symbolic import of Obama stopping in Michigan soon after what may be the final ruling about the seating of the state's delegates should not be underestimated."

In its top story, the Boston Globe looks at Obama’s claims of being able to redraw the electoral map. Specifically it focuses on six states he’s mentioned: Colorado, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Virginia. “A Globe analysis of six traditionally Republican states where Obama has signaled he will compete … suggests that his confident assertion has validity, but only to a point. Colorado, given its influx of younger, more liberal voters, and Virginia, with its sizable African-American vote and political shifts, are ripe for Democratic coups this year. But any victories elsewhere in the South would require political earthquakes of a sizable magnitude, according to voting patterns, registration data, and interviews with local political analysts.”

But what the Globe doesn’t look at in the piece, however, are Iowa and New Mexico. As indicated on the Globe’s map, based on the 2004 results, Iowa and New Mexico are drawn as red states. But Obama is situated to do well in both. As we’ve noted on First Read before, Virginia’s 13 electoral votes plus Iowa’s seven equals 20 -- the same number at stake in Ohio. Kerry lost in New Mexico by just 5,998 votes (or 0.79 percentage points), and Richardson would likely put all his effort in for Obama come the fall.

The New York Times’ Tom Friedman has some energy policy advice for Obama. "Obama had the courage to tell voters that the McCain-Clinton summer gas-giveaway plan was a fraud. Wouldn’t it be amazing if he took the next step and put the right plan before the American people? Wouldn’t that just be amazing?"

For me this can be a unhappy day in American History as I don't think the brand new president and the Democratic Party will unite or repair America’s disorders. If you seem into it deep it was once from long ago the sub top loan got here out of the Bill Clinton time. On National Health. Take seem at Canada’s (country wide healthcare), folks are ready YEARS to peer a DOCTER! Do you wish to attend a yr to peer a general practitioner you probably have let's imagine, melanoma? And it's not loose it comes out of tax payers cash and Government run. As for McCain God bless him. The playing cards in which stacked in opposition to him. What in which they? Age , no longer well watching, no longer a candy talker, Republican Bush History, the worst financial system because the high-quality despair of the Thirties,and the on going conflict, so he had little or no threat to win. If you believe Obama will take from the wealthy and provide it to the deficient you're dwelling in delusion land. The wealthy will transfer there cash and investments out of America in conjunction with colossal trade and jobs. More executive method extra TAX to pay for all people. Sorry I am simply complaining , however I do care approximately America and I did vote. What ever occurs it is going to no longer have an impact on me so much as I have moved out of the USA .And over right here. The climate is well ,meals is contemporary and ample and existence kind is at the take it aspect. On the plus aspect with the brand new president. Should be in a position to get extra loose cash from the brand new Democratic executive.

Ah, I see, you assert your right "to say what I want in a democracy," but you would deny others that same right, pre-emptively, if they disagree with you.

The comment that Obama made about his uncle was not "accidental." His uncle (or actually is great-uncle, as if that effectively makes much difference), was not involved in liberating Auschwitz, as Obama initially claimed, but he was indeed involved in liberating another notorious Nazi concentration camp, Buchenwald. Obama acknowledged his mistake a couple of days later. The point is he made the comment during a Memorial Day speech in which he was honoring the service of all American Veterans. Would you have expected him, or any candidate, not to have mentioned a relative who had served? That his uncle served is not in question. That his uncle was involved in liberating a concentraion camp is not in question. The only question is, which one?

As far as any other "accidental" comments that you claim Obama has made that "back fired into a 'mistake,'" whatever that means, to which comments, exactly are you referring?

When my son was 9 years old, now he is 46 years of age. We were doing homework together. At one point he said "Mommy I can't do this problem in math. Even though I was explaining it to him. I replied, "never say you can't, do something. You must always say I can, and only then will you succeed in life."

I guess Obamas mother who is white taught him the same thing, and that is where he picked up the "yes we can slogan". She just forgot to tell him, you can succeed, but not through lies and deceit. Unless he chose to ignore that rule, if she did teach that to him.

But who taught him the words change, and hope. Most probably it was his best friend, and mentor Reverend Wright (wrong).

• Barack Hussein Obama is nothing more than a N*****, he speaks with a forked tongue and sews the seeds of hatred, he may say one thing in your face, but as soon as your back is turned he is a hater. So, can a person like that be trusted, it's a big hell no...

• Sugar

Mistakes and accidental comments are something we make and do as humans .....No one in the race hasn't made them...I can not point fingers at any of them. I make them to. I do know everything we see and hear is not true.....Go with your heart.

I AGREE. I wouldn't vote for Barack Obama for a million dollars. I'd pick death over him as the next president. That man is a horrible liar.

NOBAMA 0'8.

I do support Obama but sometimes I wonder if those statments are true or not... Don't you think there might be false comments flying around about other candidates?

Source(s): oh and just wondering... who do you support?

The media lets us know every mistake Hillary makes, but do we know enough about Obama and his mistakes, or is he just the media's darling?

http://www.rense.com/general82/obmmm.htm

yes

• kja63

Obama is a liar and a racist. We all know; some people just won't admit it.

Unless his Uncle was Russian, he didn't liberate Auschwitz.