A real estate company has rented me a home and i now found out that it was forclosed!!!?

We have lived there for 2 months now and the house has been foreclosed for 3 but the real estate company says they only want to give us the security deposit and nothing else.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Be extremely lucky you rented from a broker who had to escrow the security deposit. If you had rented from a private owner your chances of getting it back would be zero.

Thank your stars you did not get involved in one of these rent to own scams and put a lot of money into the property and the same thing happens. Its an ugly world out there right now and trust no one

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Source(s): Rent To Own Homes : http://RentToOwnHome.iukiy.com/?QqNs
  • 1 decade ago

Be thankful you are getting the security deposit. This is happening a lot these days. Rental houses are foreclosed and the banks do not have to honor the lease at all. In fact, many banks prefer to not have people in the rental homes because they do not want to deal with collecting rent and all of that good stuff. It is also easier for them to sell without tenants there.

• 1 decade ago

Who does the lease describe as the landlord? If it's not the bank but the previous owner, the letting agency has knowingly prepared an illegal document, and I would be talking to a lawyer about getting damages from them. Also complain to your local council's Trading Standards department. But if you don't want the hassle, just take your deposit and move.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

a little confused here how did you rent it from a real estate company I thought all they done was sold houses not rent them best of luck to you did the real estate company know that the house was foreclosed on???

• 1 decade ago

the bank owns it now,, so you will have to move,i would talk to the people that you rented from and tell them you need your deposit back,,its not your fault that you have to move.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Nowadays this is considered a scam. People will "rent" out their houses knowing they are in foreclosure just to get your money. Sorry this happened to you.

• 5 years ago

Good thing you were getting the security deposit.

• 1 decade ago

call a mover....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.