How time consuming is an Ex Parte Order for Bankruptcy?

I recently wrote my Chapter 13 trustee to write a letter to allow an FHA loan as new debt. There are two months left on the Chapter 13 until it is complete. The trustee said he would not write a letter for the lender, but would allow an ex parte order filed with the court. What exactly does that mean? How long... show more I recently wrote my Chapter 13 trustee to write a letter to allow an FHA loan as new debt. There are two months left on the Chapter 13 until it is complete. The trustee said he would not write a letter for the lender, but would allow an ex parte order filed with the court. What exactly does that mean? How long does it take to finalize an ex parte order? What should I expect my attorney to charge to do this?

Also do I have to stay with the original attorney or can I go to a legal student or someone else to get this done? The attorney is over 30 miles (45 minutes to an hour) from me and gas is expensive, plus he said when I originally started talking to him about this he would charge $300 an hour and the court would probably not allow the added debt. I haven't talked to him since I got the letter from the trustee though.
Update: thanks for the info. I talked with the attorney, he said we could add the $600(qouted amount to do the exparte order) to the top of the bankruptcy. We still have to come up with $1500 by August if we want to finalize the bk. Or we can continue to keep it open and have it paid off by April next year or possibly... show more thanks for the info. I talked with the attorney, he said we could add the $600(qouted amount to do the exparte order) to the top of the bankruptcy. We still have to come up with $1500 by August if we want to finalize the bk. Or we can continue to keep it open and have it paid off by April next year or possibly sooner if we add it on and get into a house now. Either way I feel blessed that I have the opportunity to buy a house, and that the trustee will not dispute us doing so.