Everything I hear sounds slightly angry or agitated?

I had this feeling a few years ago, when I was sometimes falling asleep and lying in bed, or just in normal day-to-day life, all the sounds I would hear would suddenly get an overtone or being slightly angry or agitated? It's hard to describe - but all it was is just that if my Mum or Dad would talk... show more I had this feeling a few years ago, when I was sometimes falling asleep and lying in bed, or just in normal day-to-day life, all the sounds I would hear would suddenly get an overtone or being slightly angry or agitated?

It's hard to describe - but all it was is just that if my Mum or Dad would talk normally, and said "Hello" in the other room, it would sound as though they are slightly angry or agitated.

I was completely aware that they weren't angry, and it was only slightly noticeable - but also all other sounds would sound abrupt also. Like someone walking or picking up a plate would sound as though they were doing it as if they were annoyed.

I know this sounds really weird, but I hope someone knows anything that would make sense in this situation.

Could it be a lack of sleep? I doubt it was, but that's the only thing that seems probable. Is there a name for it? It was as though the sounds were all being interpreted differently in one part of my brain.

Thanks for helping.
Update: In all these instances it lasted less than ten minutes, and it has happened to me less than three or so times in my entire life. The last time it happened was around five years ago.

It's hardly noticeable also, it's a very slight overtone to the mood - but I can tell when it is happening quite easily.