Why is Yoko Ono blamed for breaking up The Beatles?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

there was rumors she got john on drugs,,made him leave the group and told him he was better than them..there was lots of issues.. but she did break them all up..thats why john started on his own..it wasnt the same for them after that,,then it seemed they went solo.. it has never been the same.

• 4 years ago

No. I don't blame Yoko at all. The Beatles were already growing and moving in separate directions before Yoko came onto the scene. They were all tired and looking into other interests personally and professionally. The fact that John was at his happiest when with her was beside the point. Yoko's very public presence and the public's general dislike of her made it easy for all to blame Yoko. I think they were already headed for a break. Yoko just provided a convenient excuse for it's happening.

• 1 decade ago

Ironically she was John Lennon's Heather Mills. She also had aspirations of rising to stardom off the heals of the Beatles and wanted to do albums with John, her style if she had one was the furthest thing from the Beatles and the group did not feel it was in the bands best interest especially Paul

• Answer to question:

Because Yoko did not like the rest of the group. That was a mutual feeling. But John Loved her and I think he did the right thing to go with her. She loved him as much as he loved her. The Beatles were a great band, but Love conquers all!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

She is not the only reason they broke up but she did not help already tense conditions by going with John to the studio and giving them input and suggestions when she had no right to.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Paul McCartney disliked her. John went his own way and he couldn't control John anymore.

• 1 decade ago

Got to blame someone.

• 1 decade ago

because she's money hungry.

she sold most of John Lennon's things...

there was always something about her I didn't like.

• 1 decade ago

the other members of the beatles don't like her

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

because john was getting more focused on her then the beatles.

so shes the greatest part about the beatles.

because i dont like them at all.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.