John S. asked in SportsCycling · 1 decade ago

Whats the strongest bmx forks?

I've bent every single one I've bought, I've heard great things about the Odyssey director forks what about those?

Favorite Answer

Tried ,tested and true a 4130 cromoly fork is the best fork available unless you wish to spend hundreds of dollars.

And then these may be bonded materials or even worse fitted allen key tightened forks.[carbon fibre perhaps or aluminum tubes]

Fact: No butted fork can truly claim that it is stronger than a straight gauge 4130 fork.It is only lighter and some silly engineer said it is just as strong.Math does not drive a bmx bike so it has no place in a tough world.[sorry engineering techy gurus]

Fact: no aluminum fork can ever be as strong in use as a straight gauge cromo fork.This is not because the fork arms are weak but because the steer tube is aluminum or bonded or pressed onto a steel steer tube.

Many disagree with me on this,but I care not

Safety first and nothing beats a 4130 cromo fork.

This is one persons opinion only,yet I have seen what happens when a bmx is fitted with an expensive pretty fork.Only bad things.Yes,sometimes it's all ok an no one gets hurt,but this is not always the case.

I hope this mere opinion can help you in some way

I think the Odyssey Director Forks are the best forks that you can buy. There made of 41thermal material so you are always protected from the forks bending, cracking, snapping etc. You can't change the forks thought e.g. widening 10mm holes to fit a 14mm axle, otherwise you warranty will be void.

• tannie

My suggestion is to locate better forks that have had the fee decreased because of fact of a stupid shade or some thing. i offered Odyssey CS2 forks for $89.ninety 9 (£sixty 8.37) a whilst lower back in Matte Kelly green because of fact it became $40 (£30.39) off. On Danscomp you may get Odyssey Director forks in white for $ninety 9 (£seventy 9.ninety seven). Odyssey forks are lots of the right because of fact they have an incredible guarantee and could replace in the event that they are broken or bent.

i think that you should definately try the odyssey forks, they are really strong and light at the same time...you should also look at other forks at www.danscomp.com and www.jrbicycles.com...they have a good range and good prices

Source(s): www.danscomp.com and www.jrbicycles.com

Haven't tried them 'cause I'm using my old reliable steel bike. Though its a little heavy but more reliable on bumps and jumps.