Bigger scorpions less harmful than smaller ones?

In the new Indiana Jones movie

(which was absolutely fabulous)

Indy said that bigger scorpions are way less dangerous than small ones..

is this true??

Sorry its in the adolecent section haha

Favorite Answer

Yeah, that's true. The smaller, the more potent the poison.

(Think about it, if the scorpions bigger and has bigger claws, it has less use for a dangerous poison, then a small scorpion with no claws.)

Yes it's very true and the mistake of the smaller the less harmful causes many fatalities and serious injures. The scorpion either relies on it's venom or pincers not both. So if it has massive scary pincers then its sorted. You Wont go near it and if you do you will get what you should have expected, a mighty nip. But if the scorpion has small pincers then it's scuppered, but luckily it has the next best thing, super powerful venom, much tougher than pincers. You or it's prey will be dead within a very short period of time.it's reflexes are those of a king cobras so a surprise attack is certain and so is injury of fatality.

• Dolyn

Sorta... there is a bot of a correlation, but that is not always the case. There are indeed some BIG poisonous scorpions. It's actually the size of the pedipalp (claws) that determines the potency of the venom better. The bigger the claws, the less a need for potent venom. I used to do some research involing emperor scorpions (big guys, big claws) and it sucked to get stung. But, it wasn't any worse than a wasp sting really.

Source(s): I'm a Biologist.

Yes it's true. I live in Arizona where there are plenty of scorpions, and they always tell you to watch out when youre lifting up boxes outside or in the garage because there are these little tiny scorpions ( smaller than a dime ) that hide everywhere and you wont even see them. If they bite you you should go to the hospital! This one time I was at my friends house and I was washing my hands in the sink and all of a sudden i noticed like 10 tiny little scorpions on the floor! I was terrified!

the bigger the better, have you watched the new Indiana Jones movie?

Source(s): Indiana Jones

I guess so... it makes sense