Cash a personal check without a bank account in the area.?

I recently moved and tutor to make some extra money. One of my clients pays me in a personal check. Unfortunately my bank is a credit union and I cannot get to it easily. How can I cash these checks without depositing them into my bank? I tried to go to their bank (Chase) and they said they couldn't do it... show more I recently moved and tutor to make some extra money. One of my clients pays me in a personal check. Unfortunately my bank is a credit union and I cannot get to it easily. How can I cash these checks without depositing them into my bank?
I tried to go to their bank (Chase) and they said they couldn't do it unless the person who wrote the check had "cashing access". I also tried one of those check cashing places and they said they cannot cash personal checks. Is there anything else I can do?