Bipolar and the Air Force?

I am now 26 years old. When I was 23 I thought that I might be bipolar, so I made an appt. w/ a psychiatrist and upon describing my symptoms, she (a resident) diagnosed me as being bipolar. I was put on Lamictal which I was on for about two years. Recently I've been interested in joining the Air Force, so I... show more I am now 26 years old. When I was 23 I thought that I might be bipolar, so I made an appt. w/ a psychiatrist and upon describing my symptoms, she (a resident) diagnosed me as being bipolar. I was put on Lamictal which I was on for about two years. Recently I've been interested in joining the Air Force, so I found a recruiter and told him about the bipolar (along with some other physical things, but nothing else mental) and he told me to lie at MEPS. I got to MEPS and thought about lying, but decided against it since if I did get caught later on, I'd be given a dishonarable discharge and that could really screw up my life from then on. Anyway, I passed the eye test, hearing test, and blood pressure test, and then we went in to fill out a form that asked us about our medical past. I decided to tell the truth on the form, so I was then sent to one of the head medical doctors who looked it over and told me since I had bipolar it was disqualifiying. He sent me to another guy who said
Update: that I should get more medical records for the bipolar (and another surgery I had when I was a week old, but that's besides the point). He didn't just tell me not to come back, so I'm holding out that maybe I'll be let in to the Air Force. I'm trying to get a letter from my last doctor saying... show more that I should get more medical records for the bipolar (and another surgery I had when I was a week old, but that's besides the point). He didn't just tell me not to come back, so I'm holding out that maybe I'll be let in to the Air Force. I'm trying to get a letter from my last doctor saying that I'm fine to join, because it's only mild bipolar, I've never been hospitalized, and I've been off of my medication for a month. Do you think that if I'm off of it for 12 months and am fine, would they let me in? Has anybody else gotten in to the Air Force, or any of the other branches, with bipolar (and the doctors at MEPS knew about it, you didn't lie to get in)? Thanks.