promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Is Google Against Veterans?

Anybody who visits Google.com on most holidays, and lots of other "special" days, will often see a unique logo for that day's event.

St. Patrick's Day, Persian New Year, Bastille Day, Earth Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Leap Year, and many other days get special logos (see for yourself: http://www.google.com/holidaylogos.html )

However, on Memorial Day this year, they didn't have any thing special to honor our troops, veterans, and all of those that have helped make this country what it is today.

Is this a 10-year oversight (it doesn't look like they've ever had anything for this special day), or is there something more to the story here. You would think if they can celebrate France's Independence Day and Persia's New Year, that Google could at least do the same for our Memorial Day.

What's your thoughts?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • H R
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

My kids were just asking me that yesterday. How come doesn't Google have their name decorated. We went through many holidays and figured that even international holidays are recognized. So what is up with that? I was quite disturbed by it also.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • RichB
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

In the USA, Google only commemorate "happy stuff", not things to do with war or where people have died. You'll note that they have never had any WWII related commemorations, nor did they have anything for 9/11, or for 7/7 in London. I'm certain it's an official policy and not an oversight. It just doesn't fit in with the cuddly image they want to present.

However this policy doesn't seem to apply to Google's international sites, which seem to have more freedom to do these special logos. For example, Google in Australia (Google.com.au) did a commemorative logo for ANZAC Day.

• 1 decade ago

When Google does a special holiday banner, it is usually festive and celebratorial in nature. Memorial Day is a solemn holiday and maybe the creative folks at Google can't come up with a respectful page design. They also don't do a special Labor Day banner. Google must hate organized labor as well as veterans.

• 1 decade ago

Because those are days of celebration. Where as Memorial Day is a solemn day to remember people who fought in all the wars. I don't think it has anything to do with people not supporting what's going on in Iraq.

For Cbjack who says that it's leftist and they loathe veterans then explain to me this. If we are so supportive of veterans how come they are the one's most likely to be the one's out on the street homeless? Middle aged in their 40's men who proudly served for our country are the one's you see begging for food or money. So, just think about that when you see someone who's homeless they could have been the one fighting for your freedom and now look at what they are doing begging on the streets just to get something to eat or drink.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I think needs to start explaining why they have logo for Persian New Year and no logo for one of the major holidays of the freaking country that they were founded in, and still operate in.

• zahm
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

In my humble opinion, that are applicable or incorrect, properly in WWII we fought against the jap, and to day we help them, specific some are nevertheless against us yet others besides as yet another era learns that for the duration of international concerns all of us could artwork mutually. So it incredibly is with Vietnam, it incredibly is often that we like the folk because of the fact they are no longer contained in the international that leads people into or out of warfare, our armed forces in simple terms combat for u . s . as they're instructed to do because of the fact they're belongings of the armed forces contained in the rustic they stay in jointly as contained in the warfare and belonging to a central authority they have not have been given any recommendations of their very own and all they do is persist with training. presently on Memorial Day you may see infantrymen who fought in each and every warfare have been hugging their adversaries. The fallen comrades probably would think of it became right into a job properly executed, or a job executed the final they might below the circumstances. All armed forces alive are proud to have served so i'd think of the fallen comrades would additionally be proud to have served no count number if or no longer that u . s . grew to grow to be unfastened or stayed unfastened. What i've got found out over my lifetime is that folk in a rustic ask for help, armed forces is supplied in and helps them for the purpose that those people could attain their purpose, no count number if their purpose is to get somebody out of workplace, or no count number if it is to be democratic or no longer. If their purpose is reached then the armed forces has executed its activity. Sorry i will't study your hyperlink.

• Kat
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Going of on some of your answers here, even if they didn't want to decorate to commemorate that's fine, but having an American flag at least, that would have been something to honer these brave men and women.

Just a flag, it's not daunting, it's not cuddly, it's our countries flag that stands for something huge, so, i think they should have put an American flag at the side of their name.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They are leftists and loathe America and it's veterans. Lots of folks around like that now days.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

they are against the war.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.