skins2848 asked in SportsHockey · 1 decade ago

How can I roller blade faster?

I play in a roller hockey league but I have a problem. I am slower than many of the other people in the league and I am wondering if there is anyway to make myself faster. Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Faster bearings won't neccissarily make you faster. The ABEC ratings have more to do with the durability of the bearing than how fast they are. Changing your wheels could help a little. Harder wheels are faster than soft ones. Check out places like Dunham's or MC Sports for wheels designed for roller hockey. Practice building explosive power. You can do this by taking off as fast as you can from a standstill and sprinting a short distance. Interval training can also help. Hit the bike trail and skate for a while at a steady pace, then sprint for a while. Not only will it help build speed, but also endurance.

motorcycles for specific are swifter. inspect the dimensions of an overall length 26 inch bike wheel, now inspect a curler blade wheel, that's probably 3 inch. that curler blade wheel could do 8.6 complete rotations in the previous it reaches one rotation of that bike wheel. a bike additionally has greater appropriate velocity because it manipulates gears and pull to create its velocity. curler blades could be pushed, that are much less of a dynamic action. motorcycles preserve downhill greater appropriate to, the gravity and how they circulate are smoother, theres a reason those backside bracket bearings fee plenty greater then the curler blade bearings. motorcycles are greater appropriate designed and smoother. curler blades do no longer artwork except completely dry, so pass off all hopes for rollerblading contained in the rain. additionally they are perplexing to apply uphill. motorcycles are greater suitable for all terrain, uphill is as undemanding as switching gears. motorcycles additionally can take rocks, slopes, and jumps. there are a number of greater posibilities with a bike. overall motorcycles do fee greater yet are greater versatile

What kind of skates are you using? Wheels, bearings too - so that I can make some recommendations 2u? What kind of surface is it? How long have you been playing?

But yeah, first-hand experience and use tells me that Swiss bearings are great I would only use them indoors though. Outdoors they get clogged up really quick and it's not worth the extra expence.

Source(s): been playing in-line and ice hockey longer than the Sharks have been in the nhl

Get some new abec bearings, swiss to be exact. Or practice sprinting gradually getting faster.

Get a pair of rockets, by ACME, and strap 'em to your skates. They will increase your speed by a lot!

Get one of those skin tight suits and shave your head....go downhill!

• NIPS®

go downhill!