Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsHockey · 1 decade ago

Vancouver, Edmonton, or Calgary?

Lets pretend for a minute that Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton were the only NHL hockey teams:

1. Of these three teams who would you cheer for?

2. Out of the three teams: Who would be your favorite player or goalie?

3. If you could take one player from NHL now (current NHL) and add them to one of the 3 teams who would it be and why?

4. Who on the three teams do you dislike the most?

5. Personal Opinion: Out of the three cities where would you rather live?

NIPS@Santa: Its only pretend, you wouldn't be cheating on your family if its "not real".

Favorite Answer

1. Vancouver.

2. Naslund.

3. Brad Richards to Vancouver, since Naslund might not return next year to Vancouver.

4. Canucks - No one. Oilers - No one. Flames - Iginla.

5. Vancouver.

Source(s): Red Wings and Blue Jackets Fan.
  • Sorry ,gotta agree with NIPS on this one. If your hubby/boyfriend or wife/girlfriend cheats in cyber-space, it's not real either( until they decide to meet), but the wife/girlfriend or hubby/boyfriend would still get pissed.

But to play along:

1)Vancouver- I can remember when the Canucks were in the Eastern Conference.

2)Jerome Iginla- Fantastic both on and off the ice

3)I'll put Ovechkin on Vancouver, they could use the scoring

4)Mike Keenan, Calgary's coach

5) Vancouver- only place I have visited out of the three, and I had a good time.

1. Edmonton Oilers

2. Sam Gagner

3. Mike Green: he's young and played amazing at the 2008 IIHF World Championships.

4. Vancouver Canucks: the only player I like is Luongo.

5. I've never been to Western Canada but I heard nice things about Vancouver (and BC in general).

Source(s): Habs fan here

1. Edmonton, just because I like their fans

2. I don't really care about the players on the Oilers so I'll say Luongo because everybody loves Luongo!

3. I'd put Chris Osgood on the Oilers

4. I probably dislike Burrows on the Canucks even though he helped me so much in fantasy hockey.

5. Calgary, Alberta!

1 Edmonton because their History and Logo

2 Trevor Linden Before he reitred, now I'll have to look elsewhere

3 Alex Overchkin because If he played for Vancouver or Edmonton that would Uplift their Spirits.

4 Calgary Oilers most Dreaded Rival

5 I take Vancouver More Adventure and More Scenic Routes.

Answers:

1. Edmonton

2. Horcoff is pretty rad, I like Pisani too. Oh, and Cogs and Gagner, and Moreau etc.

3. Turco, to Edmonton. Cuz, that would make for some insane goal tender highlights.....(Turco for E-town, Kippy for Calgs, and ....."whats his name?" for Van......; )

4. Dion Phaneuf. Can't.....*swear wording*....stand 'em!!! He's the A.J. Pierzinsky of hockey. Whale eating moron. Hope someone schools his big ugly head. God....I hate him! Great now I can't sleep tonight cuz I'm gonna be tossing and turning all night thinking about how much I hate Faneuph.

5. I got a love/hate thing with all three of them. Van has the nicer climate w/ Ocean handy....Calgary has.....that record store.....hhmmm...when the flood hits, Edmonton will probably be the only one left standing. ie; Van is on the floods doorstep, and higher powers would immediately choose to smite Calgs, as it's full of non-bathing heathens and Dion Phaneuf supporters, plus they have the worst jersey and worst team name in the entire league. Say "flames" really slow, and you'll probably understand. Even the Wild's jersey is like a 14th century Italian oil on canvas, compared with the red and yellow mulleted "c" of the....f-l-a-m-e-s.... Edmonton, has..... an industrious populous, a big crappy mall with dead dolphins in it...(*insert sarcasm* weird! they died in there?!?!.....), bad infrastructure, nerds with 4x4's...so that's....cool....? I'm going with Edmonton.

1. cheer for- Vancouver

2. fav. player- Naslund

3. Ryan Getzlaf- He's my second favorite player and I think he would improve my new favorite team.

4. Kevin Lowe

5. Vancouver seems like it would be a nice place to live

1. Calgary

2. Jarome Iginla, Kiprusoff

3. Mike Green, so talented.

4. I hate them both , with a passion.

5. Calgary, because I live here anyways.

1. OILERS

2. Ales Hemsky

3. Alex Ovechkin because he's good and they need to score more.

4. Jerome Iginla

5. Edmonton

• Candy-

1. Calgary

2. Igilna

3. Ovechkin

4. uh... no one really

5. Vancouver... a very beaautiful city