Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

does steaming food lose you weight?

does steaming food lose you weight

Best Answer

Above poster is wrong. You can also steam fish and seafood...just be sure it is done. Be sure to read the directions on how steam them safely.

www.expertvillage.com/video/3914_steam-cooking-fish.htm

Just google steaming fish..there are lots and lots of recipes. You could also probably steam thin pieces of chicken. You can look that up too.

Steaming food can help you lose weight IF it is replacing cooking your food with fats and oils. Just the process of steaming the food itself won't.

1

Source(s): Lose weight fast with this... https://nimbleurl.com/?8cm7m

No. Steaming your vegetables keeps the nutrients in them, and most of the flavor. Steaming bread makes it soggy. Steaming meat, like chicken, put you at risk of becoming ill from undercooked meat. Steaming pasta makes it sticky. Steaming cheese makes a melty mess. None of this will actually help you lose weight, except if you really don't want to eat a soggy, sticky, messy concoction that will make you sick. The veggies are okay, though.

• Ann

I found the book to be very informative and easy to read.

I've lost 17 pounds in 12 days, I'm just concerned that I'm losing too much weight, too quickly. I will admit I haven't followed the guide exactly. I'm not sticking perfectly to the listed foods and meal plans (but mostly) and doing very little exercise, but the weight keeps flying off.

It clearly works and if I'd followed it exactly I think it would scare the living daylights out of me because of the amount that I'd lose. So thanks again for the information. I've never purchased anything like this before because they are usually full of trash, but 3WD has been a pleasant surprise.

Get started today!

Steamed food don't lose any fat from your body, but they contain less fat and are healthier than un-steamed foods.

• ?

Not if you stuff your face full...

You can really only steam vegetables. You only do that so they retain nutrients. They have almost no fat anyway.

Edit to below:

Yes, I forgot about fish. But as a vegetarian that never entered my mind. My bad.

eat at regular intervals

yoga may be relaxing but you can also get a good workout an hour of yoga can burn up to 350 calories

Do 45 minutes cardio workouts a few times a week

take a break from blue moon belgian white a 164 calorie treat and grab a miller genuine draft which is only 64 cals