Is it okay to require members of a praise and worship team to attend worship?

This might sound like a really stupid question, but I know if I enforce this rule, I will be opening a huge can of worms. I would like some feedback. I have been a praise and worship leader for 7 years. There is a girl who sings on my praise team who never attends worship. She stands up and sings, and then leaves for the rest of the service. Is it okay for me to tell her she needs to attend worship on a regular basis in order to be on the team?

Favorite Answer

Why is she leaving? Have you ever asked her?

I would find out first what the deal is and then go from there... maybe theres more to the story then her not wanting to attend service?

Absolutely, if she is so under conviction that she cannot stand the preaching part of the service something is wrong. Talk to her, give her a chance to explain her reasons, then help her to overcome her problems. She obviously has some.

Source(s): Holy Bible, read the Gospel of John

If it´s praise and worship then everyone should take part in everything. Try talking to her.

YES!!!!! I also have another beef. I think its wriong for churches to use people who openly DO NOT live the tenets of the church. Especially those who just flaunt their lives of sin, and nobody cares!

She should stay. That isn't a good example for others to follow if she absolutely refuses to stay.

• MadDog

Yes...

Source(s): The Bible