Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHome Schooling · 1 decade ago

Life Pak / School of Tomorow / ACE paces homeschool curriculum question?

I am very interested in purchising the complete 10'th grade year homeschool pack for the ACE paces

( School of tomorow) . Is this a good curriculum? What are the pros and cons? Thanks in advance.

• Gypsy
    Favorite Answer

I did not like Alpha Omega or ACE. My kids thought they were juvenile and irrelevant. I thought they were flawed in the subject matter. I had to throw them out.

Quite a few people like Abeka, I would not know. I like to pick and choose out of the Sonlight catalogue for materials.

Paces Homeschool Curriculum

It's a decent curriculum, and some people find the smaller workbooks easier to stay motivated for.

That said, we found them pretty dry. My son isn't really the workbook-only type of kid, so he lasted about a month on LifePacs.

The content is ok, we just really didn't like the format of it. They tend to be the type of thing that people either love or hate - I haven't seen too many in-between opinions on them.

Source(s): Homeschool moom 4+ years

We tried ACE for my second grader and found it over simple, to the point of boredom. I don't know if the High School stuff is better.

We currently use Sonlight and love it.

It all really depends on your learning style.

I didn' care for the life pak programs. It almost seemed to out dated.