Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHome Schooling · 1 decade ago

Life Pak / School of Tomorow / ACE paces homeschool curriculum question?

I am very interested in purchising the complete 10'th grade year homeschool pack for the ACE paces

( School of tomorow) . Is this a good curriculum? What are the pros and cons? Thanks in advance.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Gypsy
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I did not like Alpha Omega or ACE. My kids thought they were juvenile and irrelevant. I thought they were flawed in the subject matter. I had to throw them out.

Quite a few people like Abeka, I would not know. I like to pick and choose out of the Sonlight catalogue for materials.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Paces Homeschool Curriculum

• 1 decade ago

It's a decent curriculum, and some people find the smaller workbooks easier to stay motivated for.

That said, we found them pretty dry. My son isn't really the workbook-only type of kid, so he lasted about a month on LifePacs.

The content is ok, we just really didn't like the format of it. They tend to be the type of thing that people either love or hate - I haven't seen too many in-between opinions on them.

Source(s): Homeschool moom 4+ years
  • 1 decade ago

We tried ACE for my second grader and found it over simple, to the point of boredom. I don't know if the High School stuff is better.

We currently use Sonlight and love it.

It all really depends on your learning style.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I didn' care for the life pak programs. It almost seemed to out dated.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.