SC
SC asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Why does Google not have a memorial day logo?

The same company that has honored Ray Charles' birthday, Women's Day, World Water Day, and St. George's Day with special logo's has failed to do the same with Memorial Day. Hell I even saw a special logo for the birthday of the laser a little while back. For God's sake what is wrong with these people? Yahoo and Dogpile.com have each had enough decency to remember where their freedom comes from. Why has Google snubbed our soliders? They did the same thing last year. As if their highly paid graphic design teams couldn't come up with a proper tribute...

Yahoo has a very tastfully included dogtags and a purple heart in their logo. Go look for yourself.

Everyone should read Slightly Dark Francis' comment and check the link. Like they have a logo for Anzac day and not memorial day.....

Favorite Answer

Wow, I am glad you opened my eyes to this. You are 100% right; they usually have a special little piece of artwork for whatever special day it is. The obvious absence of a small memorial for our veterans is definitely some kind of a statement. I may have to take a look at Yahoo's stock instead of Google's stock. Kudos to Yahoo on this one.

I went to a free lunch that a local resturant gave away today to veterans. The owner thanked each and every one of them (mostly World War II and Viet Nam in attendance) personally, and had them all sign a huge banner that will be displayed throughout the year. I can assure you this business gained more customers than ever from this show of gratitude.

1

Source(s): Ultimate Guide to Penny Stocks http://teres.info/TheTradingCode

I don't know. If the answerer who said that they don't want to glorify or highlight atrocities of war is correct, it's a pretty bloody specious argument, and these days is recognised as such.

Days such as Memorial Day in the US or Anzac Day in Australia & New Zealand are nothing to do with 'glory' or glorification. They are merely a time to reflect on the sacrifices made by millions of people who created circumstances in which companies like Google could exist.

We honour them, for without them, it's highly likely we'd not even be here to discuss this issue.

Edit: I'm even more confused now, as Google DOES have a logo for both Remembrance and Anzac Days.

http://www.google.com.au/holidaylogos04.html

Memorial day is not a federal Holiday,but has been enacted by states. I don't know what state Google is in,but maybe it is not celebrated to an extent like in your state.

Also, Memorial day didn't actually start out as a day to remember fallen soldiers, but to honor confederate solders. Most southern states actually have 2 memorial days, here in North Carolina, they have confederate day on May 10th, and a more subdued memorial day.

Funny, the "liberal idiots" some of you say run Google do acknowledge Independence Day. Real anti-American.

Memorial Day is an American holiday. Google does not want to be viewed as a strictly American company. It might hurt Google's prospects in places such as the Communist dictatorhsip of China. And, as has been said, they are a bunch of liberals.

hhmm....the answer is "Why do you think?" ... reasonable people know the answer to this question. I know that I (one user) have switched search engines and removed google desktop and IE bar on the 145 computers i manage.

Why doesnt google honor Memorial Day?? You KNOW why!!!

Over the years, Google has not updated their Logo for Memorial Day.

They say that they do not want to 'Glorify War', or celebrate the atrocities of war.

Great observation! Obviously, Google is run by a bunch of liberal idiots. It's not surprising but it is sad.

Because it's ran by Anti American Libtards.