In Spanish, why do they say "buenos noches"?

Why isn't it "bueno noche," or "bien noche"? Same thing for "buenos tardes" and other things like that.

Sorry, I meant "buenas noches." I know that it's feminine, I just forgot. The only thing I was wondering was why it was plural.

Favorite Answer

The plural comes from the old way of saying it "buenas noches nos de' Dios" which means "may God give us good nights" : one good night for you, another for your friend, another for me, and so on.

Don't say " bien noche" ; it sounds like "well night"

• ?

What Does Buenas Noches Mean

• ?

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avDsT

Bueno is an interesting word. Some people answer the phone saying "bueno?" and it's confusing at first. But I think the example you give makes perfect sense, she said "well, until next time" which is an expression we would use, no? It's just a useful way to mark the end of a topic and start a new one. From talking to you and the transitioning into her farewells. Claro is as far as I know an adjective which means clear, and also works as "clearly", "indeed", "of course".

The correct one is Buenas nocheS. I don't find a reason as to why it has to be Buenas noches instead of buena noche, but it's the way it is. It sounds as if you were wishing good night for several nights. buenas tardes or buenos dias are also correct. It's not correct bien noche for the same reason as you don't say well night.

Source(s): i'm spanish

Its actually buenas noches. Its a formal way of saying hello.

Buenos dias - good morning

Buenas tardes - good afternoon

Buenas noches - good evening, good night

Source(s): Spanish speaker

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): spanish quot buenos noches quot: https://tr.im/ofe55

It's buenas noches ...noche is feminine ..la noche, and all together las noches

To say bien noche will be like saying in English Well Evening...it does not sound well..does it ?

Buenas tardes , tarde is feminine, la tarde, plural las tardes therefore buenas tardes ( the adjective needs to be in agreement in gender and number with the noun, in this case tardes or noches ( feminine, plural)

Source(s): Translator / Native Spanish Speaker
  • KINO

You need say:

Buenas Noches. (Good Night)

Buenas Tardes (good afternoon)

good night = buenas noches

That means good night in spanish. 😃