Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Who in San Francisco is the best baseball team?

I'm going to San Francisco in just over a month on holiday from England and I would really like to see an American Baseball game. Who would you recommend that I go see?

Also, what days are the best games played on? How far in advance would we need to book tickets?

Thanks!

:D

We are going from June 29th to July 11th.

Favorite Answer

The San Francisco Giants are the baseball team in San Franscisco, and the A's, play next door in Oakland. And then you have the Dodgers and Angels of Los Angeles. And you have the San Degio Padres. You can go to http://www.mlb.com , and then go to thier team's website, and you will be able to find thier schedule and see if they are in town, when you plan to visit. Since you said in over a month, you didn't give dates, so I can't tell you for sure, which of the teams will be in town when you come to the area. But I hope that you enjoy your trip to America. If you can get a phone # for any of the team's box offices, I would suggest that you call them, and ask them maybe how far in advance you will need to buy tickets, and you can also buy tickets on a teams' website, viva ticketmaster, since you live out of the country, I don't know if they will be able to send them to your country, but see if you can have them waiting for you at the box office.

Edit: The Giants will be in town June 30th-July 6th, and they will be playing the Chicago Cubs and Los Angeles Dodgers, so you might want to go to at least one of the games in the other set, because then you will get to see both the Giants and Dodgers play each other, and maybe with paying money, and traveling to Los Angeles to see them play, and you will be in the area of San Franciso. The Dodgers will be finishing up a homestand by playing a interleague series with the Angeles on that day. And then they are on the road, and then they will be back to play Altanta, and Florida. The Angels will be home playing the Oakland Athethics, and then Toronto Blue Jays. The A's will have a homestead with the Giants. And then they have a homestand with Seattle Mariners, and Angels. The Padres will also be playing Seattle in a interleague series, and then they will be playing Florida and Altanta, which both teams have to be around the area anways, so the Padres and Giants will be playing the "exchange partners" dance. But if you are looking for only a team in San Franisco only, then the Giants are your first and only best bet.

Within that time frame, the season is basically going to be in full swing because the All Star Game would be complete, and teams are playing for their lives in order to enter the playoffs. San Francisco and Oakland (20 minutes apart and seven miles away from each other) both have great baseball teams and although Oakland's ballpark is in a less than desirable area, they are young and capable of providing great entertainment.

San Francisco's ballpark is relatively new (opened 2001) and has great views and lots to do within it's confines, not to mention great food too. Tickets for both teams are not in short supply so that you can purchase great seats as you walk up to the box office at the stadium.

We're fortunate to have two professional American baseball teams so close to each other. Good luck and have a great time at the ballpark!

The San Francisco Giants are the only professional baseball team in San Francisco, CA.

Some community colleges I know are Skyline, City College of SF, Cañada College, and College of San Mateo. One of my old high school teammates that goes to Cañada just signed with a college team in Oklahoma University of San Francisco (Division I) and San Francisco State University (Division II) also have baseball programs. My school USF is doing pretty good right now.

• The only reason everyone is saying the Giants are the best team in San Fransisco is because they're the only baseball team in San Fransisco. They certainly aren't the best team in California, in fact they're the second worst team in California only behind the Padres. The good news for you is they have a very nice stadium, so even though you won't get to see a great team play you'll at least get to see a nice stadium.

If I were you, I would go see the Dodgers play the Giants. They play on the weekend, with the dates being July 4, July 5, and July 6. You should trying booking rickets right now, because these two teams are rivals. So, many people want to go to these games. You can buy tickets at sfgiants.com.

Right now, the Oakland A's are the best team in the bay area recordwise, but the Giants are usually more relevant. Plus the Giants have one of the best stadiums in the country so you definitely want to go to a Giants game.

The Giants are the best professional team in San Francisco, California.

Edit: You can get tickets on-line at www.sfgiants.com

If you are here when the Giants play the Dodgers, you will see a historic rivalry. The Dodgers will probably kill the Giants, but that isn't your problem.

The San Fransisco Giants are the professional baseball team in San Fransisco.

well the only team in san francisco are the san francisco giants who are really bad, but still